Counting Down
To Family Camp!
I am starting to feel better about all the hectic preparations.
Had some frustrations today, in that the family schedule of workage was slightly altered, but in the end, after mucho hot mowingness and an hour and a half at a local garden I maintain, the basics were accomplished.
Special music and even the skit are coming. Carolyn has reduced my Family Camp stress level by almost 50% by writing and rehearsing a skit with the kids.
Just a few more food items to prepare, and a little more mowing. Also, I need to go over the missionary story again to iron out the flow.
____________
I forgot to mention that this past Saturday, while Mom and Nancy were here, Ardith and Justin came up from Cedar Rapids. Also Derek, as well as Kendra, from Des Moines.
We had a good time together! Ate sweet corn from Ethan and Trevor's bed, which came ripe at a very convenient time. It was good.
Mom had never met Justin, so I was glad for the convergence of peoples upon the Hoytstead.
Nancy and Ethan took on Justin and Trevor in Spades--I'm not quite sure who won, but there was some loud stuff goin' on at that table :-)
Derek spent a fair amount of time working on his truck, which came sporting a topper. Now he can take all his junk to school with no worries from rain.
Speaking of school...well, I'm not going to think about that right now.
It'll be enough just to take this heat induced headache to bed.
Tweet
I am starting to feel better about all the hectic preparations.
Had some frustrations today, in that the family schedule of workage was slightly altered, but in the end, after mucho hot mowingness and an hour and a half at a local garden I maintain, the basics were accomplished.
Special music and even the skit are coming. Carolyn has reduced my Family Camp stress level by almost 50% by writing and rehearsing a skit with the kids.
Just a few more food items to prepare, and a little more mowing. Also, I need to go over the missionary story again to iron out the flow.
____________
I forgot to mention that this past Saturday, while Mom and Nancy were here, Ardith and Justin came up from Cedar Rapids. Also Derek, as well as Kendra, from Des Moines.
We had a good time together! Ate sweet corn from Ethan and Trevor's bed, which came ripe at a very convenient time. It was good.
Mom had never met Justin, so I was glad for the convergence of peoples upon the Hoytstead.
Nancy and Ethan took on Justin and Trevor in Spades--I'm not quite sure who won, but there was some loud stuff goin' on at that table :-)
Derek spent a fair amount of time working on his truck, which came sporting a topper. Now he can take all his junk to school with no worries from rain.
Speaking of school...well, I'm not going to think about that right now.
It'll be enough just to take this heat induced headache to bed.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home