Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day Two in Shingra-La

I guess they weren't kidding when they said Prednisone ramps you up, a tad. I got a lot done today, despite oversleeping just a bit, thanks to a storm rolling in around 3am.

Also had trouble going to sleep, but that was because my first dose was around 2pm.

ANYWAY, all exciting med details aside, I got the kids to clean their bathrooms, a usual Saturday chore. Then something quite amazing: I cleaned the master bath, with had been neglected...*cough*...for about 2 weeks a while.

The tricky part is getting in five doses of the anti-viral, every 4 hours. I stay up late, so that helps, and I'm fudging a bit by cutting off 15 minutes here and there.

I discovered you don't feel any better by sitting around the house, so I went out and mowed for a total of 3 hours. It was very humid! But I find you don't notice the hot flashes as much.

Let's hear it for high heat indices! (not to mention cool plurals)

Ethan and Carolyn helped me with the mowing, as did Nolan. Nolan even volunteered for a second stint, which is slightly amazing. I was glad to let him, since he did a pretty good job on his first square.

Not as great the second time around, but at least he got an extra helping of Gatorade, which is why he was willing to mow in the first place :-D

The kids have been very helpful today. Ethan made the entire main dish for supper and they have been at near-best behavior so as not to stress out Ma.

And I don't think the Prednisone has made me grouchy, like the pharmacist warned. In fact, Loren mentioned not long ago that he was "thinking of calling the men in white coats..."

"Why? I haven't yelled at all today...(hardly)."

"I know. That's what's scarin' me."

Hmmph. I do notice a funny feeling in my head, but that's probably just due to growing more brains in my old age.

As long as I don't have to sit for a long time, I'm OK. Keeps me off the computer a bit and I even swept three rooms, the stairway, and washed the kitchen floor.

And cleaned off some counters in the kitchen.

Now I'm getting scared...
 

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Dear mother, I'm very glad to hear everyone is being so non-stressful for you. :) That's great! And you get to try out the Prednisone of long-standing fame!

7/23/2011 10:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is the attic done yet?

Kendra

7/24/2011 02:00:00 AM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Ha ha, Kendra.

7/24/2011 07:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home