'Twere a Fair Day
Went to the Franklin Co. Fair, which I have to say is tons better than the Butler Co. Fair, but...oh well.
One of the neat things is to walk down a replica of old-time Main Street.
The blacksmith shop is always a favorite stop.

As is the Sheriff's Office. This particular "jail," little more than a cage, really, was used up until 1960.
For a few short moments today, the world was safe.

Oh yeah, Trevor...I'm sure that's what they did when incarcerated.

We indulged in the fair's famous homemade ice cream. Out back, they have four canisters, all spun...

...by tractor power :-)

We walked through the historical building and something caught my eye this time around (pardon the pun).
No really, something seemed odd. After I pulled up the pictures, I realized the guy who invented the plastic eye was a dentist. So I looked him up and there's an interesting blurb about Dr. Wirtz, here.
For $.50 you can get a "train ride," which is really a frame stuck over-top of a tractor mower :-D
I looked at the numbers and right away I thought, "Hey, if you turn all those upside down, you'd get '666' !" (years of Dispensationalism have taken their toll)
Posed shot (for some reason Carolyn and Ethan didn't go...).
And I must be getting old, since it seemed bumpier than last time.
There's this guy who dresses up geese and wanders around the fairgrounds off and on, during the day. I don't think eccentric would be too strong a word. And of course, the goose packing a gun caught my eye.

Well that is enough. My back aches and I missed my afternoon nap.
Hoping for a fairly normal day, tomorrow.
Tweet
One of the neat things is to walk down a replica of old-time Main Street.
The blacksmith shop is always a favorite stop.
As is the Sheriff's Office. This particular "jail," little more than a cage, really, was used up until 1960.
For a few short moments today, the world was safe.
Oh yeah, Trevor...I'm sure that's what they did when incarcerated.
We indulged in the fair's famous homemade ice cream. Out back, they have four canisters, all spun...
...by tractor power :-)
We walked through the historical building and something caught my eye this time around (pardon the pun).
For $.50 you can get a "train ride," which is really a frame stuck over-top of a tractor mower :-D
Posed shot (for some reason Carolyn and Ethan didn't go...).
There's this guy who dresses up geese and wanders around the fairgrounds off and on, during the day. I don't think eccentric would be too strong a word. And of course, the goose packing a gun caught my eye.
Well that is enough. My back aches and I missed my afternoon nap.
Hoping for a fairly normal day, tomorrow.
Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
Did you get me the phone number of the blacksmith on the right? ;)
I think you may have to bring Ranger up to the fair, next summer ;-)
:O The goose guy is there again?? Did you see his ferret? :)
Post a Comment
<< Home