Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

The Days, They Pass So Quickly

Can't believe we're already into July!

Did a bit of ye olde summer schoole with Nolan and Trevor this morning, watered my trees and then, after it got appropriately hot, Ethan and I went out to mow.

Seemed warmer than 85 heat index, but we got enough done to look respectable in the front, on one side. There is no need to press it too hard. May as well spread out the work and get consistent exercise.

Man, does it feel good to be close to my right weight! And the workouts, whether mowing or on the treadmill, give you extra energy in the long run. I can keep at it out-of-doors better than last summer...hey, maybe I'm getting younger!

I'll tell you, watching this guy keeps me feeling chipper. The Eastern Kingbirds always seem to know a meal is forthcoming...
..."YUM! They're getting out the mowers...here come the bugs!"

Of course, once I got the camera out, Mr. Kingbird stopped snapping at moths and such. He did pose close by, however.

Trying to mow with a camera around my neck proved somewhat cumbersome. Naturally, as soon as I took the camera back in the house, it started catching insects again.

Also today, I decided it's been so dry that I should run in and water a few things at the Ackley Memorial garden, which I've adopted. I even had the foresight to take in one of our hoses, so I could hook that baby right up to the spigot on the shelter building.

Too bad whoever built the shelter did not have the foresight to use a size faucet compatible with our hose. Loren said it was probably industrial size, which is 1 inch.

Fortunately, I brought a couple buckets. Had to compulsively pull a few weeds first, however.

Ma's a weedin' fool :-D

So summer school and mowing and watering and treadmilling (6 miles) and throwing together a haphazard supper pretty much took up my day.

And I'm almost afraid to say this, but August is just around the corner...
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home