Plugging Away
Put in 10 miles on the ol' treadmill, today. Woo-hoo fer Ma!
I've been trying to get the average back up to 7 miles per day, for a six-day week (usually take Sunday off, unless I'm low on miles). And since I was 1.5 miles behind at the end of yesterday, I wanted to catch up and stock up, because I'll be heading out of town and livin' it up, this weekend!
More on that, later.
School has been moving along, fairly well. It helped to have a routine established last winter, where I wrote out several requirements for Nolan and Trevor, and they know to get up, have breakfast and start right in on things they can do themselves, while I'm walking my first 2.5 miles of the day.
Still having a protein drink for breakfast (though I'm afraid I scarfed down eggs AND cereal too, this morning) and once I am recuperated from my treadmilling, it's off to the computer room.
I sit in a recliner behind the two youngest (not unlike a security guard watching several video screens at once). But apparently I still didn't keep a close enough eye on Nolan for the first day of spelling. That's when they type in their 20-25 words, and then practice them on the following days.
It was a "following day" and I looked over as I heard the "beep" of a misspelled word. It looked very much like he was working on, "confabulations" (or something)...a definite non-word.
This brought me closer to the computer and we talked about the possibility that he had mistyped a word from the list.
Then I began seeing very short words here and there...words like "all" and "ball."
Not only were they way too simple, but they didn't line up with the vowel sound on the spelling card (all the words on a list belong to a related vowel group).
THAT got me retrieving the original card, and after he'd gone through his program I had him pull up the base list of words and yes, there was the proof:
Interspersed between words such as "stringent" and "contingent," he had inserted "all" and "ball," and several other words insuring a swift run through.
I don't think he'll try that again, as I made him retype all his words and write out 6 vocabulary definitions.
Always something with that guy.
_________________
Tomorrow is Thursday and then comes Friday...Friday...FRI-DAY!
That's when I drive down to Cedar Rapids to cash in Ardith and Justin's "Half Price Books" gift card :-D
Oh BOY!
Staying overnight and everything!
Ma's little get-away, comin' up...
Tweet
I've been trying to get the average back up to 7 miles per day, for a six-day week (usually take Sunday off, unless I'm low on miles). And since I was 1.5 miles behind at the end of yesterday, I wanted to catch up and stock up, because I'll be heading out of town and livin' it up, this weekend!
More on that, later.
School has been moving along, fairly well. It helped to have a routine established last winter, where I wrote out several requirements for Nolan and Trevor, and they know to get up, have breakfast and start right in on things they can do themselves, while I'm walking my first 2.5 miles of the day.
Still having a protein drink for breakfast (though I'm afraid I scarfed down eggs AND cereal too, this morning) and once I am recuperated from my treadmilling, it's off to the computer room.
I sit in a recliner behind the two youngest (not unlike a security guard watching several video screens at once). But apparently I still didn't keep a close enough eye on Nolan for the first day of spelling. That's when they type in their 20-25 words, and then practice them on the following days.
It was a "following day" and I looked over as I heard the "beep" of a misspelled word. It looked very much like he was working on, "confabulations" (or something)...a definite non-word.
This brought me closer to the computer and we talked about the possibility that he had mistyped a word from the list.
Then I began seeing very short words here and there...words like "all" and "ball."
Not only were they way too simple, but they didn't line up with the vowel sound on the spelling card (all the words on a list belong to a related vowel group).
THAT got me retrieving the original card, and after he'd gone through his program I had him pull up the base list of words and yes, there was the proof:
Interspersed between words such as "stringent" and "contingent," he had inserted "all" and "ball," and several other words insuring a swift run through.
I don't think he'll try that again, as I made him retype all his words and write out 6 vocabulary definitions.
Always something with that guy.
_________________
Tomorrow is Thursday and then comes Friday...Friday...FRI-DAY!
That's when I drive down to Cedar Rapids to cash in Ardith and Justin's "Half Price Books" gift card :-D
Oh BOY!
Staying overnight and everything!
Ma's little get-away, comin' up...
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home