Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

For Your Enjoyment

(and postponing propping up and icing my foot....no, no, don't feel guilty)

Pretty nice day, and that spelled an opportune time for Loren to replace a few shingles.

Notice the robin's nest, in the dormer?

I was planning to show you a jim-dandy picture of my stitches. I took off the dressing and discovered my faithful sidekick, Carolyn, had gone to bed. So I tried taking pictures over my back, into the mirror. But when I popped them up on the computer they were not very clear and by then I'd already had Loren slap a couple of band-aids over the place, so we'll try again tomorrow.

In the meantime, here is a rainbow we saw, several nights ago.

It was extremely vivid, and you may be able to glimpse a second, fainter one.

This is the time of year when the blackbirds collect in gangs and swoop around in cool swarms, or sit in straight rows along the utility wires.

I was trying to get a picture of the latter, but they got spooked and flew away...
...however, I still like the effect with all the lines and angles going every which way.

Only two more school days left in the week...it has gone fast!

And that's fine with me.

Now, to ice that foot...
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home