It Goes On
Life is pretty much a matter of making it through the school week after which it becomes a matter of making it through the weekend, ha ha.
But lessons are on the back burner, the Internet works, and Andrea Bocelli is aria-ting through my earphones :-)
Oh hey....we're enjoying a nice addition to our weekend with Kendra driving up last night!
She came bearing cheesecake.
And movies (this is probably why she came up...for our weekly home cinema). We ended up seeing Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum. Helps to get the flow of a totally implausible scenario by watching sequels back to back. Quite a contrast to last week's Pride and Prejudice, the LONG version.
The three youngest just went up to the computer room for Saturday game time. They would have gone earlier but I insisted on the breakfast dishes being washed, their laundry folded, teeth brushed, and Ethan getting the bread started.
It was almost more than He-who-shall-not-be-named could bear. Quite the bad attitude and cantankerous remarks. And finally,
"Why can't we have servants?"
Wow.
*sigh*
We eventually made it through a long spate of unreasonableness and then the switch flipped back to "good" and he was nice again.
This week's Diet Report is a day late but I have good news: down 2 more pounds so that makes it 6 pounds lost in 4 weeks. Not stunning, but neither is it pathetic. I'll take it!
Once we get past the Superbowl with its obligatory meat and bean dip, dessert, etc. I should have less temptation until Trevor's birthday on the 26th.
Now I'd best get going. We've been asked to do special music in a couple of weeks and I want to finish working on something we might sing.
Besides, I haven't brushed my teeth yet, but don't tell the kids...
Tweet
But lessons are on the back burner, the Internet works, and Andrea Bocelli is aria-ting through my earphones :-)
Oh hey....we're enjoying a nice addition to our weekend with Kendra driving up last night!
She came bearing cheesecake.
And movies (this is probably why she came up...for our weekly home cinema). We ended up seeing Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum. Helps to get the flow of a totally implausible scenario by watching sequels back to back. Quite a contrast to last week's Pride and Prejudice, the LONG version.
The three youngest just went up to the computer room for Saturday game time. They would have gone earlier but I insisted on the breakfast dishes being washed, their laundry folded, teeth brushed, and Ethan getting the bread started.
It was almost more than He-who-shall-not-be-named could bear. Quite the bad attitude and cantankerous remarks. And finally,
"Why can't we have servants?"
Wow.
*sigh*
We eventually made it through a long spate of unreasonableness and then the switch flipped back to "good" and he was nice again.
This week's Diet Report is a day late but I have good news: down 2 more pounds so that makes it 6 pounds lost in 4 weeks. Not stunning, but neither is it pathetic. I'll take it!
Once we get past the Superbowl with its obligatory meat and bean dip, dessert, etc. I should have less temptation until Trevor's birthday on the 26th.
Now I'd best get going. We've been asked to do special music in a couple of weeks and I want to finish working on something we might sing.
Besides, I haven't brushed my teeth yet, but don't tell the kids...
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home