The Three Ring Circus
If I leave home to go two different places in one day, it usually ends up that I am rushing, frustrated, and several school subjects have been neglected.
Today I drove to three different cities at three different times and got next to nothing done school-wise, BUT, I did not get extraordinarily frustrated so we'll call it a "draw."
The morning began quite normally...well, it was normal in the sense that the boys started on their math. What wasn't normal was Nolan finishing his before we left for a doctor appointment.
Finished math is good.
Nolan has quite a few moles on his personage and yesterday he woke up with one hurting every time he leaned back against the couch. My in house medical adviser--Kendra--said he really needed an overall skin check. But to do that you have to go to a local doc first. I figured this was as good a time as any.
And as expected, the PA referred us to a dermatologist in Mason City.
But the real drama occurred in the waiting room. As we waited at the front desk I felt that stupid old cough kick in.
"This shouldn't be too bad," I thought, popping a cherry menthol lozenge into my mouth.
*cough, cough cough*
"I'm not sick...I just have this funny cough..."
"Oh that's fine."
*cough, cough, cough*
We sat down.
The coughing continued and I stepped out to the hallway. I popped another lozenge but it didn't seem to be helping. By now I'm really tense which only aggravates things, and I'm looking at the water dispenser--no cups!
Oh c'mon! Ma needs a drink !
One of the desk ladies had to run down the hallway searching for a plastic cup, which she found, thankfully.
Water helped, a bit.
"Oh thank you...I'm not contagious, by the way....I just cough."
"Oh that's OK...you're fine."
But I couldn't help noticing peoples' looks. Hey, I don't blame them. I hate all the noise, myself.
Later I took the kids to the library in Iowa Falls. Books are due on Saturday and three of us have to go somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
Raced home just in time to throw the tuna casserole in the oven. Then it's back to the Ackley garden to race around for 35 minutes watering all the dryness.
Home again and onto the treadmill for an hour.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's promise of a normal morning and only one outside obligation in the afternoon.
Tweet
Today I drove to three different cities at three different times and got next to nothing done school-wise, BUT, I did not get extraordinarily frustrated so we'll call it a "draw."
The morning began quite normally...well, it was normal in the sense that the boys started on their math. What wasn't normal was Nolan finishing his before we left for a doctor appointment.
Finished math is good.
Nolan has quite a few moles on his personage and yesterday he woke up with one hurting every time he leaned back against the couch. My in house medical adviser--Kendra--said he really needed an overall skin check. But to do that you have to go to a local doc first. I figured this was as good a time as any.
And as expected, the PA referred us to a dermatologist in Mason City.
But the real drama occurred in the waiting room. As we waited at the front desk I felt that stupid old cough kick in.
"This shouldn't be too bad," I thought, popping a cherry menthol lozenge into my mouth.
*cough, cough cough*
"I'm not sick...I just have this funny cough..."
"Oh that's fine."
*cough, cough, cough*
We sat down.
The coughing continued and I stepped out to the hallway. I popped another lozenge but it didn't seem to be helping. By now I'm really tense which only aggravates things, and I'm looking at the water dispenser--no cups!
Oh c'mon! Ma needs a drink !
One of the desk ladies had to run down the hallway searching for a plastic cup, which she found, thankfully.
Water helped, a bit.
"Oh thank you...I'm not contagious, by the way....I just cough."
"Oh that's OK...you're fine."
But I couldn't help noticing peoples' looks. Hey, I don't blame them. I hate all the noise, myself.
Later I took the kids to the library in Iowa Falls. Books are due on Saturday and three of us have to go somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
Raced home just in time to throw the tuna casserole in the oven. Then it's back to the Ackley garden to race around for 35 minutes watering all the dryness.
Home again and onto the treadmill for an hour.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's promise of a normal morning and only one outside obligation in the afternoon.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home