Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Doin' the Town, on the Cheap


With Loren, Carolyn, and Ethan off gallivanting in Texas Ma decided she was not going to be left in quietude.

Wednesday evening saw Nolan, Trevor, and I doin' the concert thang.

Above "Brass in Blue," United States Air Force Heartland of America Band.

It was a free concert and you know how cheap Ma is. To add more cheapness to the evening, I took the boys to McDonald's for supper. They thought this was the greatest, of course. Two McDoubles each, fries, and three chocolate chip cookies to split between them. And I convinced them to forgo the usual soft drink and get chocolate milk. Two each!

I had a big salad with the fewest amount of calories possible, 190 without dressing. So I didn't go over "budget."

The concert was pretty good and the boys even enjoyed themselves. I think Trevor says it best with his comment, "It was better than I thought it would be."

Nolan hugely enjoyed the whole concert and thanked me several times for taking them. He gets quite caught up in the excitement of any stage show due to the multiple sensory experience.

Of course, the 50 minute drive there and back is a bit of a killjoy, but still....

The picture above shows one of the final songs when the group plays the theme from all the service branches and has veterans from each stand up during their song. It's a staple of shows like this (as well as Lawrence Welk).

On the home front, the days without half our family are pretty quiet. We do our school in the morning and then the kids get extra game time around noon, so I can hit the treadmill and Total Gym in the basement without worrying that there are any shenanigans occurring up above my head. Then it's a little more school and lunch.

Usually a video of some kind in the afternoon, so I can grab a snooze.

Then this evening, we watched a movie together while they ate pizza and I had a salad. Also gave them extra portions of cookie bars for dessert. So yeah...we're livin' it up, here.

On the diet front, I neglected to report in for week five:

Wednesday's Weigh-in.....2 more pounds lost, bringing the total to 16.5 pounds lost so far :-)

Going pretty well, though I am looking forward to a trip next week and may let my hair down, calorically.

Stats-wise I averaged 636 calories per day this past week. I'm starting to sense a little more desire to eat something extra but think I can hold on until next Thursday. Then my goal is not to gain anything back on the trip and jump back into the restricted calorie regimen upon return.

I've already drop a belt size and can fit into a few things I couldn't for a while, so it goes well, I believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home