'Nuther Friday
Above is a picture taken from a bridge down the road.Things are going to warm up around here so it may be the last we see of the white stuff...who knows? The gravel roads certainly are getting sloppy with the warm-up. A person actually has to drive slowly or risk losing control.
Trevor and Nolan had their yearly assessment testing this week, complete with reward donuts at the end of each session. Now we wait for the results. I don't feel like biting my nails as much as usual. Quite.
As for the weight loss routine, I've hit a snag. No weight lost this week. In fact, I may have gained a quarter pound. But that's not a big deal...I just need to stop nibbling. Don't know why that's become so hard but it has. Probably because during my travel I actually got a taste for sugary food and now I have to un-get it, ha ha.
At least I can still enjoy wearing smaller clothes.
Glad it's a Friday, though! As are the kids. Nothing like the anticipation of a couple non-school days to make life look appealing.
Only eleven weeks left in the school year :-D
On the literature front I've starting reading the Harry Potter series. J.K. Rowling is a good writer! Apologies to Carolyn and Ethan, however. Your mother isn't finished with the first book yet so you'll have to wait to watch Kendra's DVD.
Speaking of Kendra, she is fast approaching the end of her rotation schedule. Only two more, I believe. Then something about a test and graduation. After that, who knows?
Carolyn has heard back from both colleges where she participated in special scholarship competitions. She received a small award from each but not the big kahuna. So the next thing is to decide which one....could be a difficult choice.
On another front, my mother's estate has finally reach the end or rather, the point where the end of the settlement is in sight. I won't go into the reasons for it why took so long but I, for one, am grateful not to have the strange difficulties associated with that process hanging over our heads.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home