Ma and Los Muchachos Hit the Big City
| Before the doors opened we sat on the steps and listened to a lovely violin group |
| They know how to treat you right, here at the Gallagher Bluedorn |
| As soon as the doors open we were hightailing it up to the second level. Thanks again to Jessica Schick for selecting our tickets. We picked them up at the "will call" window. |
| Now this gentleman was a marvel. Father Paul Peters, who apparently does this every year, was crankin' out the Christmas tunes like nobody's business. Theater style! Sure put Ma in a jolly mood :-) |
I told them we'd make a night of it and go eat somewhere, just not anywhere too expensive. I tossed "Panera Bread" over in my mind a few times, but I figured that would be your basic casting pearls before swine. The youngest, anyway. And of course Trevor and Nolan suggested McDonald's. (sigh) Then Ethan suggested Arby's, which I would consider a step up, but no, "They only have curly fries!" A very important point to Trevor. Because, as we all know, curly fries are a fate worse then death (I actually love curly fries, but oh well).
Speaking of potatoes cooked in oil, one of Nolan's fries dropped on the floor, and he said, "It's Ok...I only dropped one."
Immediately an internal debate started up in my mind: "He wouldn't eat that, would he?" Nah. "Yes he would." Oh surely not... "How much you wanna bet?"
"Now don't...*pop*....Nolan! I can't believe you did that. The floor is dirty!"
"What? It doesn't look dirty to me..."
He seemed genuinely mystified but I insisted he spit it out.
Nolan complied but was puzzled, thus confirming my suspicions that most boys are barbarians.
The concert was so great that I didn't even think to take pictures. Like I said, we will be sure to get there next year too, if at all possible. Nice long concert, well worth the price of the tickets.
And despite the cold, cold night we made it safely home, though it was after eleven.
A very good time was had by all :-)
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home