Ma's Excellent Adventure to a District Nigh Unto or Closely Encountering the Northwoods, Reloaded
| Oh boy, it's the Museum of Art! Just not this entrance. |
| Minneapolis skyline, as seen from inside museum. |
| Fair amount of art, just in the architecture. |
| Snowman on top of building. What's not to love? |
(wow. All the pictures loaded, first time....had to be an accident)
We packed all kinds of activities into Saturday! And that doesn't even include my coffee and WONDERFUL breakfast toast. Ardith and Justin said it was just normal, whole wheat bread from the
grocery store....so, EVEN THE BREAD TASTES BETTER IN MINNESOTA!
Kendra popped up from her apartment and we all ran en masse to Half Price Books. Yippee! Oh my but I love that store. Ma came away with the usual great buys from the clearance section (really, I cannot help hitting that part first. My folks grew up in the Great Depression and I think there's something in my genes...)
Actually can't tell you ALL of what I bought, since a few items will be saved for birthdays, but aside from selections of Dostoevsky and Dickens, I picked up a shrink-wrapped 4 CD set of the velvet fog himself, Mel Tormé :-D
After the bookstore we all tooled over to Best Buy for Ma to check out notebook possibilities. Yes...I know!
Loren suggested I might want to get something so I could communicate with people when I hit the hotspots in England, next month. I can hardly wait! And look, it even has crosswords! Justin clued me in to several free apps. I'm waiting for my protective case to arrive, then I'll use it more often without fear of droppage.
After a morning of boosting the economy, we headed over to Punch Pizza for lunch. Like I said in the last post, really superb pizza. Quick service and get this...they have COKE products. Practically perfect, I'd say.
As if that weren't enough, we headed over to the free Museum of Art. Mercy, there was not nearly enough time (or energy) to see even a quarter, but it was lovely, just the same. Would like to take the boys up there some day. Nolan would go crazy looking at the jade carvings.
Sooner or later, though, we had to go back and rest up from all the excitement. Ma spent a fair amount of time snuggled up on the side couch, getting acquainted with her amazing 7-inch notebook of coolness. Justin was instrumental in helping me navigate and learn.
Leftover pizza for supper and a couple of Sherlock episodes to catch me up on the storyline.
It doesn't get any better than that :-) Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home