Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, February 07, 2014

Olympicamigraindastria

Not sure but I think that's a real country!

I do intend to get pictures up from my wonderful weekend but had a wee bit of trouble with Picasa. Still, I will.

The kids, all three of them, are clustered in the living room, awaiting the start of the opening ceremonies that are already over.

Having discovered a few nuggets online of what did and did not happen, I am keeping my mouth shut like the good, former conservative I am.

In recent history, we just returned from another exciting venture into the world of coldiness to get groceries.

From the looks of it we are safe.

One nice accompaniment was the celebratory Beatles' songs playing on the oldies station, in preparation for this weekend's 50th anniversary of the British invasion.

Good stuff! Though Trevor failed to hear his favorite, The Fool on the Hill, which, contrary to popular belief, is not referencing me.

Another momentous happening of the day was buying Nolan jeans. I had high, high hopes at Goodwill because we managed to pull five potential pairs off the rack, several of which had 34 inch waist.

These were all too snug, leading me to believe he has grown since last week.

However, after perusing Wal*Mart's less than extensive collection, of which there were exactly two pair with size 35 waist (but not long enough) we discovered "Relaxed Fit," the answer to a large lad's prayers. 34x34.

Needless to say, there was nothing from an older brother that could be passed down.

So that coup, added to finding a reversable belt to fit Trevor's small frame (on SALE!) brought the department store foray to a successful close.

Well, it's been almost 30 minutes but the broadcast of  Opening Ceremonies still has not commenced. On a happier note, I have not needed headache pills since this morning...hoo hah!

Perhaps I should think about supper...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home