Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, June 03, 2005

There's a Little Girl....

...in Oklahoma who could benefit from our prayers. She is only three months old and has not been doing well since recent corrective surgery. Today, she was to be put on heart/lung bypass. You know I don't often ask for prayers, but this little babe is kin to Elizabeth, the wife of Loren's deceased brother. I think a lot of Elizabeth, and I hope you will prayer a lot for little Bethany. I am certain her godly parents, Sarah and Troy would appreciate it.

I was planting Oklahoma Mix Zinnias today, and couldn't help thinking about her. I ordered them months ago, but now, every time I walk by that spot, I'll have a reminder to think and pray for Bethany.
_____________________

Nolan has an official leg cast. Lovely blue, and only up to his knee. It was decided that he tolerated his leg being lifted, and since the fibula was still intact, they wouldn't cast him above the knee. But, since it is swollen, and could continue to swell, he must keep it elevated above his heart for THREE DAYS. After letting the cast dry a bit, they took a cast saw and cut along each side, to give room for the expected swelling. I believe they referred to this as a "Bi-Valve Job." (I kid you not) Then, when he sees the bone specialist again next Friday, they will cover over the cracks.

The full amount of cast time could be 4 to 5 weeks. It will be hard for Nolan, but hopefully, a learning time, as well. All the kids are pitching in to read to him, play games with him, and offer moral support while he watches videos :-) I am thankful it is shorts weather! Makes dressing him SO much easier. But carrying him to the car or the bathroom is still rather painful for him. He said it even hurt when I turned the corner while traveling to the clinic.

That was my morning.

My afternoon was spent traveling to Ft. Dodge, to pick up Loren. He had taken our good van, which we lovingly call, "Moby Dick," to a transmission shop. Apparently, the problem entails more than a quick fix. So, I got to travel to a portion of Iowa I had never seen before, confirming my suspicions, that once you've seen an Iowan field, you've seen, Iowa.

Back home and out to the garden. The kids and I planted tomato, cabbage, watermelon and pepper seedlings, cucumber, pumpkin and two kinds of squash seeds. We've never had much luck with pumpkins or watermelons, but like unsuccessful gamblers, we keep trying, hoping for the big strike.

Rain is promised over the weekend, possibly after midnight. We are ready!

And now, to the videos....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home