Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Sunday, July 31, 2005

There's power, and then, there's POWER

For someone who did not "talk" until after the age of 3 and a half, I am pleased to see that Jason has developed into an able communicator, quite capable of expressing himself in an articulate manner. I am SO pleased, in fact, that I find I must raise the bar of my expectancy, in the category of essays, papers and related academic matters.

In fact, the basis of a new research paper suddenly springs to mind. A thorough study of Ephesians 6:1, with particular attentions being given to practical applications. Yes, I think that would do. And, try to hold it to 15 pages. Though, since I'm giving you such an early "heads up" on the topic, you will not be penalized for going long. I might even be persuaded to give extra credit in the foreign language department if the final draft came to me in Koine Greek. (I'd just give it to Sharon to grade :-)

And there's just one more little thing: I am NOT changing my username and/or password, because they are mine, do you hear me? MINE!! ALL MINE!!! I had them first, see, and as we always said when I was little, (which is like, SO before you were BORN, it isn't even FUNNY)

THEY ARE MINE.......!!!

*waits for face to resume normal color*

So, it is with supreme confidence and assurance that I calmly go back to my daily duties, (many of which involve feeding you) secure in the knowledge that you will "do the right thing."

(your loving mother, who has uncomplainingly slaved for these many years, wearing my very fingers down to nubbins, planting corn, so that you and your siblings could have the pleasure of weeding it)

4 Comments:

Blogger A. Scooterdawg said...

Power is always best applied in a precise area twixt the collar and the chin. Studies show that 100% of offenders who are given the "De Capita" treatment are never reincarcerated.

As such a punishment is thought too severe to be applied to minors as per a recent Supreme Court ruling, I suggest that Ma implement a punishment far more appropriate to the Blog-Hijacker.

What is this punishment? Nothing less than the posting of the offendor's baby pictures. Death is lighter than a feather; public humiliation is heavier than a mountain.

7/31/2005 09:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure a response that disproportionate would invite retaliation. It would be better to declare an armistice now.

7/31/2005 11:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the punishment Cicero has recommended....I will await anxiously for baby pictures to follow...

Deb

8/01/2005 07:51:00 AM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Well, he was just so CUTE you guys would probably just feel sorry for him...

8/01/2005 10:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home