Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Walking past another milepost

I thought it would be good once again to thank each one who has continued to hold me and my family up in prayer. If not for all your prayers and our Lord's faithfulness to answer them, I would never have made it this far.

There have not been many references recently to how my health is progressing so.....

Just last Monday, the 11th, I decided to try walking around the block, a very typical rural Iowa block. A mile on each side makes it exactly 4 miles around. Some may remember that Becky has done this walk herself in the past as her main avenue of exercise, though not much recently. I thought I would try it out just in case she decided to take that course up again and desired my company (one can hope, right.) Well, she had already started her walk a few minutes earlier, but I wished to go in the opposite direction, figuring that she would turn back like usual and we would not run over each other, accidently of course.

Though unknown to me, she had decided that day to try out the whole block too, I'm sure to see how much ground might have been lost in the preceeding weeks. About two thirds of the way around for her and one third the opposite way for me we did run into each other, narrowly avoiding a massive collision. As luck would have it she changed her mind after coolly passing me by and turned around to run back to me, even though it added about a mile and one half to her jaunt. We then finished our morning walk together; sweating much, huffing a little and both deciding we were not quite ready to do that every day just yet. It was good though for each of us to be able to say that we COULD do it.

On the medical side, I will be going back to Mayo mid-August for another of those wonderfully fun heart biopsies. The Dr's. would like to change my medication to a less toxic course but want to see my rejection retreat that last little step from 1A to "zero" before doing so. I would covet your prayers that changes would take place in my heart's condition to allow that next step in my recovery. The doctors and we also need the Lord's guidance about a decision concerning if and when I should return to work.

Thanks once again for all the prayers, help and support so many have given on our behalf.

I now return this discourse to my wife's hands, at least until she learns to get it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home