Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Freezing Pantyhose: the Controversy Continues

You know, "people" have been saying for YEARS that freezing pantyhose before wearing will make them last longer. So, I've been dutifully transferring them right from the Wal-Mart bag, directly into the freezer. When I remember, that is. In fact, I'll just bet that if I actually cleaned out that compartment over the fridge, I might happen upon a whole herd of them, huddled in the back, warming their toes over freezer-burned bags of bulk pepperoni.

THEN, more recently, I was told this hose-in-the-freezer-business was just an urban legend. You know what that means......Ma has to investigate.

So, I've been researching on the Internet for....oh....*glances at watch*...at least ten minutes, and I've come up with some startling information.

Left over cola drinks poured into your toilet adds cleaning power to your cleaner as well as giving it a brilliant shine.

Oh wait....that was the wrong one...consider that a freebie. Here we go....

Pantyhose will last longer if you freeze them before wearing. This strengthens the fibers.


Another website offered this advice:

Your pantyhose will last longer if you freeze them first before you wear them. Wet, wring dry, and place in a plastic bag before putting it in the freezer. Once frozen, thaw, and hang to dry.

Personally, I think that is WAY too much trouble. That's more time than I spend with my hamburger. I think it would just be easier to buy some tan spray paint.

I must admit, though, I did not find ANY websites that claimed freezing didn't work. And that is why, this very minute, there are meatless L'eggs in my freezer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely swear by it.

8/20/2005 09:29:00 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

I find that somewhat disturbing, Wilson, but since panty-hose are so gosh-darn expensive, I just might have to try it! :p

8/20/2005 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Vengeful Cynic said...

Everyone knows that Wilson thinks panty hose are too modern. Wilson is clearly a stocking man.

8/21/2005 12:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home