I blame Thainamu and the Internet (provider)
Yes, it is all their fault.
I was merrily conversing with two people over IM this morning, when our Internet connection went down. And we are nowhere near a hurricane.
So, remembering the inspiring example a certain Dallas missionary set in cleaning out her closet, I thought to myself, "This is as good a time as any to organize my pictures."
Back when my oldest son was first helping me transfer pictures from camera to computer, he took one look at the glazed expression in my eyes, and said, "It might be easiest if we just label the folder with the date, for now..."
Twelve different folders and twelve different dates later, I find it a little time consuming to locate certain pictures that I know are.....somewhere.
Hence, the need for new names, with something a little more descriptive than, "07-07-05." And while I am at it, I decided to delete a few unnecessary photos. After all, no one really needs twenty pictures of the same rose bush, from the same angle.
It feels so wonderful to have logical names for my folders. Names like, "Moon almost in focus," "Moon really close to focus," and "Sun? Moon? I give up...."
I still have the Scholl wedding to organize and post about. (heh, heh) A lot of family reunion pics. And here's an obscure but enticing folder, "Food-pics-sure-to-make-Moore-drool."
Nowhere nearly finished, yet, but have gotten a decent start.
And another reason I should give credit to Thainamu, is that, besides actually giving me instructions so I could post pictures onto the blog, she has pushed the publishing envelope, posting a picture of her accomplishments in pest extermination. Yes, she has paved the way for the rest of us to poach and post in wild abandon. (how DID that whole thing with PETA turn out, Linda?)
The end result being, I have enough sunsets and moon rises to keep everyone warmed to the very cockles of their hearts, this winter.
*resumes folder shuffling* Tweet
I was merrily conversing with two people over IM this morning, when our Internet connection went down. And we are nowhere near a hurricane.
So, remembering the inspiring example a certain Dallas missionary set in cleaning out her closet, I thought to myself, "This is as good a time as any to organize my pictures."
Back when my oldest son was first helping me transfer pictures from camera to computer, he took one look at the glazed expression in my eyes, and said, "It might be easiest if we just label the folder with the date, for now..."
Twelve different folders and twelve different dates later, I find it a little time consuming to locate certain pictures that I know are.....somewhere.
Hence, the need for new names, with something a little more descriptive than, "07-07-05." And while I am at it, I decided to delete a few unnecessary photos. After all, no one really needs twenty pictures of the same rose bush, from the same angle.
It feels so wonderful to have logical names for my folders. Names like, "Moon almost in focus," "Moon really close to focus," and "Sun? Moon? I give up...."
I still have the Scholl wedding to organize and post about. (heh, heh) A lot of family reunion pics. And here's an obscure but enticing folder, "Food-pics-sure-to-make-Moore-drool."
Nowhere nearly finished, yet, but have gotten a decent start.
And another reason I should give credit to Thainamu, is that, besides actually giving me instructions so I could post pictures onto the blog, she has pushed the publishing envelope, posting a picture of her accomplishments in pest extermination. Yes, she has paved the way for the rest of us to poach and post in wild abandon. (how DID that whole thing with PETA turn out, Linda?)
The end result being, I have enough sunsets and moon rises to keep everyone warmed to the very cockles of their hearts, this winter.
*resumes folder shuffling* Tweet

The Progeny
4 Comments:
You know, maybe we could go into business together making mouse fur mufflers. With winter coming, they would sure to be a best-seller. We could scour the internet, using Google Images, for other women who have won the vermin war. I bet they would sell us mouse pelts at a reduced price as we get started.
An on a different topic, I started using Picasa to organize my photos and really like it. I also use a free utility called Easy Thumbnails when I need a photo to be a certain size.
That sounds good, except, I would have to learn something new.....
Say, did I tell you that I figured out all by my little ol' self how to crop and lighten pictures on Picasa?
I know that's probably easy for you, but it is a milestone for me :-)
The things our friends get us into!! About the mouse mufflers...maybe it would be easier to sell chocolate mouse or is the chocolate moose or...????
Woah.
I hate it when that happens >_<
Post a Comment
<< Home