A Crystalline Morning
It is bitter!
But apparently, folks in this neck-o-the-woods are hardy. At least that was the determination of the school authorities, since our district was THE ONLY ONE NOT TO DECLARE A TWO-HOUR SCHOOL DELAY :-(
Normally, this would matter not a whit to me, but being that this was one of 4 testing days for our high schoolers, it had an impact. Then, who should come to the rescue, but the hubby! :-) Loren decided it would be best if he drove them in. Being the ever humble and submissive wife that I am (stop laughing....), I willingly complied.
Every once in a while this whole "role thing" pays off :-D
So, with 45 mile an hour wind gusts, and the temperature rising above 10 degrees F., we try to carry on. *take another bite of protein bar* Gighs harg, bug we goo. *chokes down last piece* (one has to eat more in cold weather....)
______________________
On the mousal front, I have bagged me another twosome; one yesterday, and one today. But the one that is REALLY annoying me, is the industrious little vermin who wakes us up EVERY morning. (today it was 5:15) There is some rodential early riser, who insists on gnawing behind the baseboards in our bedroom. And folks, I just gotta tell ya, "This will not stand!"
Upon advice from from a friend at church--who is a nurse (so, like she should know)--I have purchased the heavily artillery of pestilence-control....that's right, d-Con Mouse-Prufe II.
The "II" denotes an upgrade, only, unlike Microsoft's, this one should work. I was always leery of this product, for fear of the kids getting into it, or even worse, mice dying and stinking for days behind some wall. While I've always appreciated a body count in the past, quite frankly, I've HAD it! Besides, the nurse told me it just dehydrates them and presto, no smello.
It's cold out there, and I'm not sharing my house with no mice... Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home