Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Monday, December 12, 2005

Busted

It's been one of those days...

-busted plans for training in Chicago

-busted (flat) tire when coming out of the grocery store

-busted dreams of being blissfully unaware of the trauma to one's wisdom teeth

So, the boss calls and says that while Loren is officially in his work group, he cannot be accessed or entered into the computer....or.....or something.

I think it is similar to the original transporters on Star Trek--they beam you molecule by molecule from one place to another. Apparently, some of Loren's FedEx molecules are floating off in space. Somewhere. (Why am I envisioning Captain Kirk in a space suit surrounded by darkness?)

But, I guess it was good that Loren was at home, because....CONGRATULATIONS!! you have just won the chance to drive 19 miles to CHANGE THE FLAT TIRE OF YOUR PATHETIC WIFE!

The jack was in the trunk, but the rest of the tools were not, due to equipment redistribution after the snow tire installation party. It's a good thing Loren came....I was running out of excuses for the older gentlemen who offered help. And, I don't think I could have horsed off the wheel, anyway. BUT, now that I've watched it done several times (same parking lot, same parking SPACE, different car) I think I might be able to change the tire. I owe him. Especially if you consider that yesterday he missed Sunday School to run back home and get a piece of transposed music I'd forgotten.

Now, concerning this wisdom tooth pulling with "sedation." When asked if Jason wanted sedation or not, I told them he DID. I said, he wants to be KNOCKED OUT. No one informed me that the actual scenario involved being conscious. I guess this is why it is called "conscious sedation," instead of, say, "we are going to knock you over the head with a baseball bat." I know I should have remembered this from the last victim, er, kid, but I didn't. Hence, Jason was told by his mother that, "you won't even know what is going on."

This is probably why, when I arrived 50 minutes late at the office, I discovered he wasn't "done." Apparently Jason finally gave up arguing with the doc and nurse, and let them go ahead. It was rather traumatizing, given the fact that he thought he would be asleep.

But, he is home, resting fairly comfortably on the couch, communing with his laptop. He is not the least bit sleepy, making it hard to comply with their instructions to, "take him home and put him to bed." But he is doing alright, and does not seem to harbor any ill will towards his ignorant maman.

He is a fine young man. *sniff*

Tomorrow will be better....

1 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

Wait til the pain medication wears off... (just kidding :)

12/12/2005 11:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home