Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Life in the Yard

A close-up of the cheery annual Black-eyed Susan
 

Funnel Weaver or Grass Spider web. Of Phylum Arthropoda, Class Arachnida Order Araneae Suborder Neocribellatae Family Agelenidae. Let's face it, without vowells, where would the Latin language be? Slovak, probably.
 Not many people know that this was the original inspiration for the classic show from my era, "Time Tunnel." A novel drama which was VERY COOL since it involved both science fiction AND history. It was one of the few shows my folks allowed us to watch, and I'll just bet there are few around who have actually seen it.

As a matter of trivia, one of the original cast members (James Darren) went on to play a holographic lounge singer on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The coolness continues.

Another purty lil' web found in the dewy grass.
  These and the call of the cicada--which Carolyn heard yesterday--leave me a little melancholy, for they are signs that summer is on the wane....

Ma took on the dangerous job of eliminating a small forest of Ragweed around a fence. Long pants and long sleeves are required, since I've suffered ugly raised welts when dealing with these monsters in the past.
 I did get a cut on my lip, from wiping the sweat with my glove....now I know that the little black tab that holds the wrist strap is sharp. If it causes a scar I plan to tell people I got into a bar fight...

Other injuries incurred were a bruised right wrist (have NO idea how that happened) and "several" scratches to the stomach from leaning over the barbed wire fence. I would have posted a picture of the last, but didn't want people to die of fright from glimpsing stomach fat...

Regardez! *in hushed tones* "Many weeds gave their lives to behold this fence..."
 

Loverly lily from morning stroll
  
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

Those are some nice photos.

7/14/2006 03:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home