Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ma joke #3

Three Mas go into an organic juice bar.

Ma #1 orders a low-salt Carrot Creation, with extra B complex and low foam.

Ma #2 orders a Celery Smoothie with a pinch of cilantro....hold the strings.

Ma #3 orders a V9, extra foam and heavy on the ice.

After receiving their drinks, the three ladies sit down at a cosy table and continue their animated discussion:

Ma #1 "....and I think the thing I most admire about G.K. Chesterton's 'Orthodoxy' is the way he describes the cosmos as both physically and epistemologically too complex for the finite mind to fully comprehend. So.....basically, the only thing we can do is appreciate what we can and accept that there is a power beyond us."

Ma #2 "Oh definitely! Now, take the rationalists. They view themselves as the source of all meaning. But as Chesterton says, in the struggle and strain to understand everything, the consistent rationalist is actually driven mad as they end up losing everything but their reason."

Ma #3 " Ex-act-ly. And as he quotes on.....*sound of flipping pages*......oh here it is...on page 48......'if this be what drives men mad, what is it that keeps them sane'?”

*POP*

"....wha....??"

"Wake up, Honey....wake up!"

"Huh...?

"I heard a coughing sound.....I think one of the kids threw up....."

Ma #Zero rolls out of bed and mumbles to herself, "Yeah....I don't feel so good myself...."
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home