The Loren Report
Loren is snoozing, since he didn't sleep the greatest last night.
Other than that, he is doing as well as can be expected. Pretty much sticking to bed, though he does get up to walk around the bedroom several times a day.
He was on his laptop for a while yesterday and was propped up in bed more than before.
The random muscle spasms aren't as frequent, but they still come with certain movements, and let's face it, with broken ribs, there is no way to move without hurting.
Speaking hurts him more than breathing, a distinction that is helpful in determining which of the two activities to pursue.
(those of you who know Loren, realize just how much this is killing him not to be able to talk)
When the family gathers for Thanksgiving--which pretty much involves Ardith driving up from Cedar Rapids--we'll have to make a point of not being overly funny. It could be tricky attaining just the right touch of mournful sobriety, but we shall try.
____________________
The Diet Report
This week's weigh in: 1V9.5, a one pound loss for this week, making a total of 15 pounds lost over 11 weeks.
*cheers*
I would hasten to add that the "V" in the poundage report denotes a lower ten's place and NOT the Roman numeral "5." In other words, we went down from the algebraic substitution of "W" to "V." Remember, the method employed goes backward in the alphabet. (I started with "X") People should not be trying to determine my actual weight. Any attempts in that regard and....well.....I just can't be responsible for what might happen.
____________________
The Acquisition Report
I have very nearly completed my takeover of Loren's computer.
Yesterday I downloaded Picasa to facilitate my picture-posting mania. Hey, he can always uninstall it, later.
I also moved in my computer chair and removed his to my recently (but we hope, temporarily) abandoned desk. Pulling out his center drawer seems to make a nice elbow rest for keyboarding, especially with the padded comfort of a hand towel.
Let's see.....I've gotten most of my Xanga blogs bookmarked (I need your daughter's, Thainamu--but I'm still searching your site) and today I hope to finish Blogger sites as well as "several" newsy places.
What I miss are my CD's, so that's next on the agenda.....
*fiddles with stuff*
AHHHHhhhhhh.....Vivaldi's Four Seasons. Civilization has returned! It also means I can control all sound in the computer room. The kids will OBVIOUSLY have to turn off their game volume if I am playing CD's.
And it is quite conceivable that I will be playing my music a lot.
The only things missing are my plants and pictures....but I suppose I can do without them for a while.
*looks around*
There does seem to be room for a low-fat snack bar, though....
Tweet
Other than that, he is doing as well as can be expected. Pretty much sticking to bed, though he does get up to walk around the bedroom several times a day.
He was on his laptop for a while yesterday and was propped up in bed more than before.
The random muscle spasms aren't as frequent, but they still come with certain movements, and let's face it, with broken ribs, there is no way to move without hurting.
Speaking hurts him more than breathing, a distinction that is helpful in determining which of the two activities to pursue.
(those of you who know Loren, realize just how much this is killing him not to be able to talk)
When the family gathers for Thanksgiving--which pretty much involves Ardith driving up from Cedar Rapids--we'll have to make a point of not being overly funny. It could be tricky attaining just the right touch of mournful sobriety, but we shall try.
____________________
The Diet Report
This week's weigh in: 1V9.5, a one pound loss for this week, making a total of 15 pounds lost over 11 weeks.
*cheers*
I would hasten to add that the "V" in the poundage report denotes a lower ten's place and NOT the Roman numeral "5." In other words, we went down from the algebraic substitution of "W" to "V." Remember, the method employed goes backward in the alphabet. (I started with "X") People should not be trying to determine my actual weight. Any attempts in that regard and....well.....I just can't be responsible for what might happen.
____________________
The Acquisition Report
I have very nearly completed my takeover of Loren's computer.
Yesterday I downloaded Picasa to facilitate my picture-posting mania. Hey, he can always uninstall it, later.
I also moved in my computer chair and removed his to my recently (but we hope, temporarily) abandoned desk. Pulling out his center drawer seems to make a nice elbow rest for keyboarding, especially with the padded comfort of a hand towel.
Let's see.....I've gotten most of my Xanga blogs bookmarked (I need your daughter's, Thainamu--but I'm still searching your site) and today I hope to finish Blogger sites as well as "several" newsy places.
What I miss are my CD's, so that's next on the agenda.....
*fiddles with stuff*
AHHHHhhhhhh.....Vivaldi's Four Seasons. Civilization has returned! It also means I can control all sound in the computer room. The kids will OBVIOUSLY have to turn off their game volume if I am playing CD's.
And it is quite conceivable that I will be playing my music a lot.
The only things missing are my plants and pictures....but I suppose I can do without them for a while.
*looks around*
There does seem to be room for a low-fat snack bar, though....
Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
Ma, do you use Firefox? If so, you can Export your bookmarks to a file, then import them on a different computer. You get to that under the Bookmarks-> Organize bookmarks-> File-> Export. Of course, you should first export and save Loren's bookmarks before you import your own and clobber his :-)
As for my daughter's blog, it is: http://www.xanga.com/fitona I'll have to tell her you asked about it. Always nice to know somebody actually reads these things...
I'm glad Ardith gets to join you. Our son David is on his way here with a new gf! :-)
Thanks for the xanga link, Thainamu :-)
Yep, Firefox is the best.
In truth, most of my bookmarks are saved in a folder on our network. I could go right over there....
...it's just so much more fun to complain and/or be dramatic.
I think I understand your directions, but with my luck, I would probably erase Loren's bookmarks forever.
So basically, when I get through, there's gonna be a WHOLE LOTTA bookmarks on this baby.
Post a Comment
<< Home