Melinda's 14th birthday
I wasn't sure if the candles would survive Melinda's birthday dessert, Magic Chocolate Mud Pudding, served hot from the oven....

....so I did something really lame, and stuck them in a piece of toast.
A Glue Gun :-)

(at the "g" word, all boys' ears immediately come to attention)
"She got a what....?" (it's for crafts, you guys...and maybe to put up your hair if you're running late for church)
Ohhhhh....prepared microscope slides!

(Ma shrugs modestly and drops a comment about crafty bidding on Ebay)
Suddenly, Ma remembers to put on the flash! (I am SUCH an idiot)
An origami calendar. Each day's page has folding directions on the back.
That means......365 paper animals!
And Trevor is starting to realize this means the chances of trucks or tractors to borrow are practically nil. Life is indeed cruel.
A book about scientists.....
.....which elicits an immediate response from Carolyn, "What so special about that ?"
(probably why you received horse books, my dear :-)
Fourteen years old.
One more year and we'll have five teenagers in the family. For two months, anyway.
*sigh*
Tweet

....so I did something really lame, and stuck them in a piece of toast.
A Glue Gun :-)

(at the "g" word, all boys' ears immediately come to attention)
"She got a what....?" (it's for crafts, you guys...and maybe to put up your hair if you're running late for church)
Ohhhhh....prepared microscope slides!

(Ma shrugs modestly and drops a comment about crafty bidding on Ebay)
Suddenly, Ma remembers to put on the flash! (I am SUCH an idiot)
An origami calendar. Each day's page has folding directions on the back.
That means......365 paper animals!
And Trevor is starting to realize this means the chances of trucks or tractors to borrow are practically nil. Life is indeed cruel.
A book about scientists.....
.....which elicits an immediate response from Carolyn, "What so special about that ?"
(probably why you received horse books, my dear :-)
Fourteen years old.
One more year and we'll have five teenagers in the family. For two months, anyway.
*sigh*
Tweet

The Progeny
4 Comments:
*grins*
It's interesting...you seem to do that a lot. Sigh, I mean.
Kendra
You earn the right to sigh for any one of the following reasons:
1) Living with 7 or more kids
2) Living with a spouse who has heart trouble
3) Living with the knowledge the heart trouble is genetic
4) Living in an old farmhouse
5) Living in Iowa
6) Living
But aside form that, I just look on sighing as an enhanced form of carbon dioxide expellation.
Oh Happy Birthday Sweet Melinda!
I have been carrying your card around in the visor of my car ready for 2 days now. With tomorrow a holiday it won't hit the mail til monday. Forgive me!
It's a great card and I think you will enjoy the contents! :)
Love Aunt Elizabeth
Thanks for the hijack Becky:/
You come any time, Elizabeth :-D
Post a Comment
<< Home