Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, February 09, 2007

Toothache Day

No, I don't have a toothache, that is actually the holiday ascribed to February 9...

Toothache Day.

Seems a tad negatory for something to celebrate, but then, I tend to frown on pain in general.

This might make sense if the preceding day had been Stuff Your Face With Chocolate Day or All the Taffy You Can Eat Day.

But it's not, so I say we skip it.

I'd like to go back to a more interesting holiday, which took place on February 3rd...

Cordova Ice Worm Day

Gripping title, no? It's enough to pique one's curiosity as well as suggest they'd just don't have enough to do up in Cordova, Alaska. That's where the festival takes place.

Yes, there IS such a festival and ice worms DO exist. The good folk up there even choose an Ice Worm King and Queen, which certainly gives the locals something to aspire to, all the while reiterating the sad lack of entertainment.

And while it's too late to participate this year, it's certainly not too early to begin booking cruises and fun car trips with this event in mind for next winter.

Heads up for tomorrow....it will be Umbrella Day.

Frankly, I don't even think we own one anymore. Once you have about three or more kids, the whole concept of an umbrella becomes rather pointless.

And since February is Great American Pie Month, I might just post a recipe or two. After all, it's still pretty cold around here and people need to conserve body heat by eating more food.

Yep. That sounds as good as anything.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home