Name that bird!
Since he's still hangin' about, we may as well give this guy a name.
Personally, I lean toward "Scarface" or "Rocky," the last being a tribute to being clued in by my cousin Terry that this is in actuality, a Rock Dove.
Another good name might be "Columbo," after the TV detective, and also an allusion to his Latin name, columba livia.
Just so it's not sickeningly cute. I strongly feel this bird should be labeled with something a little intimidating.
A name he can be proud of.
So, as long as "Scarface" (or whatever) hangs around, we'll be giving regular updates on his behavior, grooming habits, etc.
TODAY'S BIRD UPDATE: seen strutting about Mr. Lupkes' driveway, probably picking up bits of gravel to aid in digestion. (I learned that from reading "Burgess Bird Book for Children," as a child)
Ma took out half a piece of bread and crumbed it up on the lawn. Be prepared for late-breaking news in the event that "the bird" takes a nibble.
Let's get in those bird name nominations!
(as always, keep it G-rated)
Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
Wow Mommy, you must be really bored!
No. Actually, I am really really stressed! The kids go in for testing later this week...
If not Rocky, how about "Sly." (I must declare, however, that I have not seen any of the movies.) But it seems an appropriate twist on the urban legend. Plus I feel a personal responsibility to contribute to this name game.
Post a Comment
<< Home