Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Monday Night Dancing

RELAX.


It's just English line dancing.

Someone (probably a male) suggested that all the young ladies line up for a photo op.


Taylor Hoyt, son of Mark, demonstrates some of his convivial wackiness by catching up unsuspecting Trevor and twirling him about, all the while singing "I Could Have Danced....all Night."
Taylor has one of the best falsettos I've ever heard. He's a little strange, but a nice bird...

Nolan, so aptly inspired, managed to get in his own brand of weirdness.

Here is Ardith with cousin Greg (older and amazingly sane sibling of Taylor) learning the waltz position.


Kendra rehearsing Ethan on footwork for the Patty-cake Polka.


The gentleman were given instruction on the proper way to ask a young lady to dance, and the ladies were told it was not polite to refuse.

It's a lot like pork barrel spending.

Derek and Sharon, learning the intricacies of the Patty-cake Polka.


Jonathon, son of Loren's brother Sherwood, with Carolyn.
Jonathon is only one year older than Carolyn so I guess she has some heavy-duty growing to do this year...

A larger view of the Patty-cake Polka.
Nolan wanders the periphery, either taking in the ambiance or looking for victims to trip.

Given the choice of being harassed to dance or taking video of the festivities, the choice was easy for Jason.


Nolan (OOPS! that is Ethan, as daughter Sharon corrected) and visitor Sarah adding a few unique steps of their own.


Most of my pictures of Ardith came out somewhat blurry, which only demonstrates how quick and light she is on her (little) feet.
(sorry, I'm still trying to figure out how she ended up with 6 and a half size shoe and I'm stuck with 9)

I don't know how long it was before I became aware of Trevor, parked with his ear up against a speaker....
..."Trevor...I said, TREVOR! Get away from there..."

After a consultation with master photographer Stan, we discovered my camera had had the image stabilizer turned off.

I don't suppose that has anything to do with the blurriness my indoor pictures...
 

5 Comments:

Blogger Freethinker said...

Where the kids volunteers?

6/19/2007 04:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the posts and pics. It is almost like being there....maybe not, but it helps.
love, elizabeth

6/19/2007 04:53:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Hey, Slader :-)

Pop up here from Waco sometime this week. We're at the Good Shepherd school gym much of the time. Tomorrow is talent night. Always a time of great mirth and embarrassment.

As for the kid volunteers...many of the younger ones are thrilled to take part in the dancing festivities.

Howdy Elizabeth :-) I'll try to get better focused pictures for the rest of the week.

6/19/2007 05:09:00 PM  
Blogger Thainamu said...

DANCING??!! And here I thought you were Christians!

j/k Looks like lots of fun.

6/19/2007 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

By the way, that's Ethan (in the red shirt) with Sarah in the third-to-last photo.

6/20/2007 11:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home