Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Saving the Lost

Well, there is bad and good news on the lost article front.

I still haven't located my jacket--an irreplaceable number from the Goodwill store--but I may be approaching acclimation to the local air conditioning, as I was only cold once today.

I found the missing beach towel, along with the missing wet swimsuit.

From Monday. Or was it Tuesday? It's just so hard to tell anymore. It had been curing nicely in the floor of the van for....a while.

I'm not sure if finding it was good or bad.

At any rate, the suit was ripe as a frog with dirty feet but it has safely made it through the washer and even now tumbles in the dryer as Ma prepares to snort some Zicam before bed.

(these late hours are getting to this ol' lady)

This evening was the Talent Show and once again provided variety not heard of even on Jay Leno. We were please to make it through our Glenn Miller number without stopping, though it was a little dicey at one point.

Tomorrow morning is the zoo.

MORE CHANCES TO TAKE PICTURES!!

Perhaps I can get one of the kids to pose in the jaws of a lion.

Than Ma is on deck to help with lunch, which I've been assured involves almost nothing to for prep time. Lauri Anne has done hours of work in fixing this meal ahead and now Erin and I get to pop in and take all the glory for the good eatin'.

I guess I must be livin' right.

This has been a fun-loaded reunion so far, but the activity schedule looks to be more rigorous than past get-togethers.

I'll definitely need a vacation one of these days.
 



I'll try to get some pics on and a bit of commentary up tomorrow

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Caldwell Zoo is a very nice zoo. It was even nicer when Paige was small because it was free. We made many trips to the zoo there and now my brother's children have season passes each year. I hope you have a great time! Rhonda

6/21/2007 08:57:00 AM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Hi Rhonda :-)

Seems weird to be in Texas and not see people who live there.

6/21/2007 01:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home