Look, Ma (has) No Cavities!
Oh yes, Ma is free and clear for another six monthos :-)
As are Derek and Carolyn. The last four children are booked for July, having taken care of the two collegos previously.
This afternoon I'll run Derek and Nolan in the opposite direction to get replacement lenses and frames, respectively. It'll be nice for Nolan not to sit right in front of the TV...
But first I have to get lunch for the crew. And before that I have to finish my pre-lunch snack of Diet Cherry Coke and mixed (deluxe) nuts.
Who'd have thought my summer schedule so busy?
In other news, thought I share of my latest July finds at Goodwill. They comprise trips to both Waterloo and Iowa Falls stores....
From left to right:
-David Halberstam's The Fifties
-Alison Weir's A Life of Eleanor of Aquitaine
-Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morte D'Arthur
Not shown were a couple of Michael Crichton paperback books, one of which Ardith agreed to buy off me for ten bucks. At least, that's how I remember the conversation...
Also, something I know Loren is just terribly excited about, a film by Ken Burns:
Not for Ourselves Alone: the story of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony :-D
I paid $1.99 for two ninety minute tapes...not a bad deal if I do say so myself. And I do.
I'm planning to preview it when Loren takes Jason back to college. When the husband's away, Ma goes all radical.
Oh dear. My coke is done which means I have to prepare lunch....
Tweet
As are Derek and Carolyn. The last four children are booked for July, having taken care of the two collegos previously.
This afternoon I'll run Derek and Nolan in the opposite direction to get replacement lenses and frames, respectively. It'll be nice for Nolan not to sit right in front of the TV...
But first I have to get lunch for the crew. And before that I have to finish my pre-lunch snack of Diet Cherry Coke and mixed (deluxe) nuts.
Who'd have thought my summer schedule so busy?
In other news, thought I share of my latest July finds at Goodwill. They comprise trips to both Waterloo and Iowa Falls stores....
-David Halberstam's The Fifties
-Alison Weir's A Life of Eleanor of Aquitaine
-Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morte D'Arthur
Not shown were a couple of Michael Crichton paperback books, one of which Ardith agreed to buy off me for ten bucks. At least, that's how I remember the conversation...
Also, something I know Loren is just terribly excited about, a film by Ken Burns:
Not for Ourselves Alone: the story of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony :-D
I paid $1.99 for two ninety minute tapes...not a bad deal if I do say so myself. And I do.
I'm planning to preview it when Loren takes Jason back to college. When the husband's away, Ma goes all radical.
Oh dear. My coke is done which means I have to prepare lunch....
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home