Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Countdown to Family Camp


Another gorgeous start to the day in Iowa.

Ever wake up an hour early on one of those days when you have GOBS of stuff to do?

Six o'clock and Ma was raring to go.

Baked a large batch of brownies to take to family camp tonight. Let's see, only cupcakes and muffins to go...I'll let the girls do that.

The last load of laundry is in the dryer...oh, and get this...I CLEANED OFF A KITCHEN COUNTER!

Now the kids can find the toaster. Which we need since instituting a new breakfast routine.

No more crummy cereal. (though they can have homemade granola once in a while)

It's a New World Order: Eggs, English Muffins (or bagels, whichever is on sale) and milk.

One of the kids queried me the other day and apparently (and uncharacteristically of late) caught me in a good mood. When this happens I will sometimes go so far as to take what they say seriously. Yes, we're talking ponder, consider and all those other processes that were discarded when the sixth baby in ten years arrived.

When I stopped to think, I realized it would actually be cheaper to have this healthier food than the usual lame brand cereal.

You' re never too old to learn how stupid you were.

Let's see...what else is left to do?

-finish mowing - 1.5 hours
-cool-down time for slurping Diet Cherry Coke-30 minutes
-trim 5 boys' hair 1.5 hours (approx)
-prepare something edible for tonight's potluck 1 hour
-go over last L.A. History chap. with Melinda and Carolyn-20 minutes
-wash up all the pans and junk that the dishwasher cannot handle-30 minutes

All by 5:00 departure time.

So WHY, you ask, is Ma sitting here in front of her computer??

See previous post.

I'll eventually have a Family Camp Picasa album up, but will try to post a coupla pics each night with the usual snappy captions, as time allows.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home