Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Experience of an electrical nature

So, it was last night and the final bedtime preparations were being....finalized.

Storms were heading our way but nothing of a severe nature was reported.

Loren was lounging on the bed and after a long day of mowing, Ma was looking forward to heaving her whale-like carcass upon the Select Comfort and vegging out to an "Everybody Loves Raymond" rerun.

But first, a little visit to the bathroom to catch up on my reading.

Suddenly a tremendous flash of light....(ut oh...)...a second interminably rolls by...(maybe it wasn't as cl..)

Ka-BOOM!!!

*yelps from all four bedrooms*

"I saw a spark..." Loren said with wide eyes.

"I'll go down and have a look around," I offered, knowing he was exhausted from driving all day.

This is really pretty funny when you considered that I don't know the difference between a capacitor and a resistor and my reaction to a potential problem would be to scream, "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!"

Mostly I was checking for the smell of smoke.

It turned out to be nothing.

Nothing except the phones being dead in the morning :-(

Apparently that bolt traveled into the ground, running along buried phone lines and zapping our phone line surge suppressor.

Thankfully Loren, who at any given time could replace half of Radio Shack's inventory, had a spare one.

My computer was frozen this morning but that was easily remedied. Let's hear it for Firefox's ability to restore lost browsing tabs!
____________

Now for today's other news...

The Scale Report: last number was 5.5, instead of 9 of yesterday :-)

That means I supposedly lost 3.5 pounds. We'll see what tomorrow brings, though that might explain why I feel so tired. Or the fact that I started mowing at 9am and finished at 6:30pm--part of the time in 100 heat index--could account for the lethargy.

Ohhhhh, was it hard to get out of bed this morning. (by the way, I wasn't mowing all that time. I took plenty of breaks and even had to run to town for more mower gas)

It was VERY difficult to mow the whole last half. But thanks to 7 glasses of Gatorade and Ma's hardy pioneer spirit (not to mention blog bragging possibilities) the deed was done.

Today I've planned activities slightly less rigorous...like, napping until lunch, followed by lunch and then if I feel up to it, another nap.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home