Stormish Update
Everyone's heard about the recent ice storm that's cut a destructive swath across the country.
The last bad one to hit Iowa was in February and we didn't hear a lot of news since our power was off at the time...
For this past storm, we in north-central Iowa have not fared badly. A little more snow to cover what was already there.
Southern Iowa got it worse, in the form of 1/2 inch or so of ice. At one time there were over 66,000 people out of power, mostly around the Des Moines area.
However, I've been informed by one of my sources that my wonderful sister-in-law Elizabeth, who lives near Tulsa, has been without power since Sunday. Much damage to her property as they live in the edge of a wooded area and have "several" trees in their yard, proper.
Please pray for my sisinok, (stands for "sis in OK," which I didn't figure out until I was told, I am that slow...)
Her son--one of my wonderful nephews--is a college student in Oklahoma City, and we've all seen pictures on the news of the huge damage, though I doubt those few scenes do justice to the situation.
Thanks to her sis, Kathryn--which would be my sister-in-law-law, I think--for providing the info in a comment on the last post.
Tweet
The last bad one to hit Iowa was in February and we didn't hear a lot of news since our power was off at the time...
For this past storm, we in north-central Iowa have not fared badly. A little more snow to cover what was already there.
Southern Iowa got it worse, in the form of 1/2 inch or so of ice. At one time there were over 66,000 people out of power, mostly around the Des Moines area.
However, I've been informed by one of my sources that my wonderful sister-in-law Elizabeth, who lives near Tulsa, has been without power since Sunday. Much damage to her property as they live in the edge of a wooded area and have "several" trees in their yard, proper.
Please pray for my sisinok, (stands for "sis in OK," which I didn't figure out until I was told, I am that slow...)
Her son--one of my wonderful nephews--is a college student in Oklahoma City, and we've all seen pictures on the news of the huge damage, though I doubt those few scenes do justice to the situation.
Thanks to her sis, Kathryn--which would be my sister-in-law-law, I think--for providing the info in a comment on the last post.
Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
It's probably "sister-in-law once-removed." I'm not sure what "once-removed" relatives are removed from, but your mom is an expert at those things--maybe she knows ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home