Wow!
And I'm not just talkin' about the spectacular Flowering Crab in the mediocre picture above...(taken from my van window outside the Hampton post office)
In a mere five hours we hit two libraries in two cities, one clinic for a lab draw, Wal*Mart, the grocery store and a gas station for mower gas.
Wal*Mart included a propane tank refill so by the time the five-gallon can was ALSO filled, we were really packin' some heat.
All of these duties were scrunched into one day to conserve fuel. Derek's pro-time didn't have to occur until Thursday, but the library books were due to-day and there was no way I was driving an additional 50 minutes for one thing later in the week.
Of course, his numbers were a little skewed since his test came after lunch instead of the usual morning appointment, but Ma is not taking any hassle if they wish another blood draw in two weeks instead of the usual month.
What are they gonna do..sue me?
I don't THINK so.
Also obtained, tomato, pepper, Johnny Jump-up and Impatient plants. Not to mention a nifty loose-weave fabric from the dollar bin at Wally World. Those eight yards of material are going to be my protection against tomato blight.
Laid over the beds, this cloth should keep the leaves off the soil from whence they pick up the tomatoey plague each year.
Of course, the fabric is striped, but hey, I could end up with the grooviest garden around :-D
Oh yes...there WILL be pictures.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home