Goodsome Day
We survived. Not only that, but I got mucho done-o :-D
First off, Derek and I were up and out the door just as the sky was starting to lighten.
Ah, there's nothing like driving off into the red-rimmed horizon in search of decent SAT scores.
While Derek was sweatin' it out filling in circles, Ma was walking and driving in circles.
First I spent a lovely 60 minutes making the mall circuit, top and bottom floors, over and over and over...
Then, after changing into non-sweaty duds, I headed to downtown Waterloo for my package-mailing mission.
Had my directions all figured out ahead of time, and they worked like a charm.
You'd assume a big city like Waterloo would have it's post office open on Saturday morning, right?
Well, they don't. They do, however, have a list of four different alternate places where packages can be mailed during the week, with one of them--you guessed it--right beside the mall where I'd just been.
However, if I ever need to go and not mail packages at the Waterloo post office in the future, I have every confidence of finding the place.
Back at HyVee (yes, it makes WONDERFUL sense to take your post office packages to the grocery store), Ma got all the stuff taken care of, noticing ONCE again that parcel post and two-day delivery show a difference of 5 cents, and why somebody doesn't bring THAT up in Washington DC I have no idea. (if they can't even instigate sane pricing, how will they ever win the war on terror....I'm just sayin'...)
Next, Ma went back to the mall, and after checking in at Scheel's sports store, forever nixed the possibility that Ethan will obtain a left-handed baseball mitt from anywhere but divine intervention in the form of a Goodwill store.
I did, however, stop by Walden Books, and folks....I hope you're sitting down for this....in 15 minutes I brought my Christmas/4 birthdays shopping list to a stunning 80% completion!!
(oops, so much for surprise presents. hee, hee...hey, I told you this Christmas was gonna be lean....)
ANYWAY, on to the the wonderful Goodwill Superstore where Ma displayed extreme self-control by not buying one article of clothing.
To tell you the truth, my most treasured purchase was a $2.99 CD (new) of the Carter Family. It's got Keep on the Sunny Side, Wildwood Flower and I'm Thinking Tonight of My Blue Eyes, to name a few.
I would have played it already, but when we came home I had to put away groceries and then....WHEE DOGGIES, Ma mowed some lawn!
("Ma? Is there anything you can't do?")
("Yes. Achieve 100% humility. Closest I've come is 98%")
Looks like I just have time to get ready for bed and watch The Red Green Show.
*grins*
Tweet
First off, Derek and I were up and out the door just as the sky was starting to lighten.
Ah, there's nothing like driving off into the red-rimmed horizon in search of decent SAT scores.
While Derek was sweatin' it out filling in circles, Ma was walking and driving in circles.
First I spent a lovely 60 minutes making the mall circuit, top and bottom floors, over and over and over...
Then, after changing into non-sweaty duds, I headed to downtown Waterloo for my package-mailing mission.
Had my directions all figured out ahead of time, and they worked like a charm.
You'd assume a big city like Waterloo would have it's post office open on Saturday morning, right?
Well, they don't. They do, however, have a list of four different alternate places where packages can be mailed during the week, with one of them--you guessed it--right beside the mall where I'd just been.
However, if I ever need to go and not mail packages at the Waterloo post office in the future, I have every confidence of finding the place.
Back at HyVee (yes, it makes WONDERFUL sense to take your post office packages to the grocery store), Ma got all the stuff taken care of, noticing ONCE again that parcel post and two-day delivery show a difference of 5 cents, and why somebody doesn't bring THAT up in Washington DC I have no idea. (if they can't even instigate sane pricing, how will they ever win the war on terror....I'm just sayin'...)
Next, Ma went back to the mall, and after checking in at Scheel's sports store, forever nixed the possibility that Ethan will obtain a left-handed baseball mitt from anywhere but divine intervention in the form of a Goodwill store.
I did, however, stop by Walden Books, and folks....I hope you're sitting down for this....in 15 minutes I brought my Christmas/4 birthdays shopping list to a stunning 80% completion!!
(oops, so much for surprise presents. hee, hee...hey, I told you this Christmas was gonna be lean....)
ANYWAY, on to the the wonderful Goodwill Superstore where Ma displayed extreme self-control by not buying one article of clothing.
To tell you the truth, my most treasured purchase was a $2.99 CD (new) of the Carter Family. It's got Keep on the Sunny Side, Wildwood Flower and I'm Thinking Tonight of My Blue Eyes, to name a few.
I would have played it already, but when we came home I had to put away groceries and then....WHEE DOGGIES, Ma mowed some lawn!
("Ma? Is there anything you can't do?")
("Yes. Achieve 100% humility. Closest I've come is 98%")
Looks like I just have time to get ready for bed and watch The Red Green Show.
*grins*
Tweet

The Progeny
6 Comments:
Wow, I hope Derek is as happy with his day's accomplishments as you are!
By the way, I'd really like to know how you get those nice percentage measures of humility achievement.
Well, those numbers are not ex-act.
I rounded down, because...ya know...
Wait - you rounded 100% down from... what?
No, I said I had not achieved 100% humility, so the number rounded down to was the 98 percentage.
See, the original number had been 98.4444444 (on into infinity).
I could go into more detail but humility forbids me...
*sighs*
Kendra
WHAAAaaaatt....?
Post a Comment
<< Home