Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Goodsome Harvest

Melinda decided the time was propitious to dig her sweet potatoes
These were started from one potato, bought after Christmas, stuck in a jar on toothpicks, sprouted, picked and rooted in water, planted in the springtime.

Really now, they look right goodly :-)


I mean, compared to Ma's size 9 feet, there are some BIG suckers


Melinda had extra sproutlings, so Derek, having planted a few, also decided to dig his today.


Aren't these taters amazing?
That one on the left was rebellious and sauntered off on his own...I'll bet he's sorry, now.

Derek's comment: "It's kind of like paleontology...digging for bones...takes so long because they're fragile."

Melinda's been working on her larger bed since this morning.

They both have to save these types of diversions until the weekend, since schoolwork takes up much of their waking hours, Monday through Friday.
____________

It's been a fairly productive day. No dizzies! Finished up work at the church this morning, wrote the Hoyt monthly family letter by lunch (it helps if you don't eat until almost 2) and then hit the little boys' room--with them in tow--after the noon meal.

We did a pretty fair job of cleaning up that mess and they didn't even complain. Much. Nolan kept getting distracted and playing with stuff, but we got mucho stuffo done-o. The dresser tops and nether regions under the bed will have to wait 'til another time.

I even harvested a couple of dried up banana peels off the floor....not quite what I was expecting, but at least I didn't find any live animals.
 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...or dead ones either, I hope.

9/28/2008 01:06:00 AM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Nope...just the odd lady bug.

9/28/2008 04:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home