Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Monday, October 06, 2008

It's Monday....back to reality

The weekend seemed to last longer than usual.

There was that whole Saturday SAT business, and then after church we were invited over to Steve and Debbie Bell's place, a.k.a. the Jensen homestead for whom the Bell's are house-sitting.

ANYWAY, you know how adults will yakkity-yak and we got home just in time to take Ma's roast out of the crock pot and have another big meal which people weren't that hungry to eat. (at least I have enough leftovers for soup)

I'll have to post a few pictures since Steve was practically begging to be put on the blog.

I guess he's not as humble as I am.

On to some reportage:

The Doug Severs Report: Doug had gone into a-fib last week and was hospitalized while they sort out his meds. He's been put on a new heart medication which should help with the arrhythmia--but as we've found out from personal experience--these same drugs that keep the heart in sinus rhythm have to be monitored at the outset because in the first days they can throw one into a bad rhythm.

So he should be coming home in a day or two. He's feeling quite good, though, and overall has made remarkable progress from where he was before his bypass.

The Diet Report: it was supposed to start yesterday, but going over to Bells' sorta messed up my well-laid plan...even so, I did step on the scale and am down half a pound.

I'm going to keep this current stint up until Derek goes in to have his wisdom teeth extracted. Things just seem to work better for me when I have a certain amount of regimentation lined up. At least while the kids are still home.

The School Report: going pretty well, so far. Melinda was tickled to do a science experiment and actually look at her cheek cells under the microscope :-) Nolan is getting to the point where he can do some of his schoolwork independently, which is just about enough to make me cry with relief. Trevor is starting his subtraction facts but still annoying me with his reading progress, or lack thereof. (it's not that I take it as a personal affront when the kids don't catch on as quickly to certain things as I expect, it's just that I start thinking about whether they'll be behind and not get a good high school transcript and then an academic college scholarship and then no great job and THEN no great health insurance and then....THEN...

Oh wait....the kid's only in 1st grade.

The CD Report: alas, my Carter Family CD will not play in my laptop/main computer. That's the first time I ever bought a cheap CD from Goodwill and it didn't work.

*sniff*

The Weather Report: it's cloudy. If I could only hear Mama Carter sing...

"Keep on the sunny side,
always on the sunny side,
Keep on the sunny side of life...."

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home