Naturally....
....when you have to get up early, you can't fall asleep.
Tomorrow is Derek's big day of wisdom tooth-extractuality. He'll be taking along plenty of school work to study on the 2.5 hour drive. I told him not to worry about academics on the ride home, since his mouth will be so full of gauze he won't be able to see beneath his lower lip.
Ma is all prepared:
--bag of dark chocolates
--two cans of Diet Cherry Coke
--can of Pringle's Spicy Avocado ships (Oh, did I mention I'm off the diet for a few days? And I was "down" another pound, this morning :-)
--Master Gardener Resource book, so I can finish reading up on Plant Pathology and Entomology for Tuesday's class
--crossword puzzle book (in case there are too many distractions to concentrate on the life cycle of nematodes)
--cheery blue tote bag from Mayo Clinic (one of the perks of a heart transplant)
I even have a coupla things for Derek: water, apple juice and a sippy cup.
You might pray everything gets accomplished with no untoward developments, e.g., Ma driving into the ditch or Derek having complications related to his heart.
I'm sure all will go well.
___________________
We haven't had a Latin phrase for quite a while, so here goes:
Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum - The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet
Tweet
Tomorrow is Derek's big day of wisdom tooth-extractuality. He'll be taking along plenty of school work to study on the 2.5 hour drive. I told him not to worry about academics on the ride home, since his mouth will be so full of gauze he won't be able to see beneath his lower lip.
Ma is all prepared:
--bag of dark chocolates
--two cans of Diet Cherry Coke
--can of Pringle's Spicy Avocado ships (Oh, did I mention I'm off the diet for a few days? And I was "down" another pound, this morning :-)
--Master Gardener Resource book, so I can finish reading up on Plant Pathology and Entomology for Tuesday's class
--crossword puzzle book (in case there are too many distractions to concentrate on the life cycle of nematodes)
--cheery blue tote bag from Mayo Clinic (one of the perks of a heart transplant)
I even have a coupla things for Derek: water, apple juice and a sippy cup.
You might pray everything gets accomplished with no untoward developments, e.g., Ma driving into the ditch or Derek having complications related to his heart.
I'm sure all will go well.
___________________
We haven't had a Latin phrase for quite a while, so here goes:
Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum - The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet
Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
Ma was clearly tired when she typed "Pringle's Spicy Avocado ships" or are these really, really LARGE chips that merit a name change? :-)
Actually I had never heard of that flavor and they sound very yummy. Another thing to add to the list of things I want people to bring when they visit!
And a sippy cup for Derek? hehehe
Praying your trip goes well today and Derek doesn't get dry socket or have any other kind of complication.
Ha, ha. I should never type late at night!
Anyway, I realized I'd given the wrong name when I was driving down to Iowa City, but unfortunately there was no computer access for me to rectify my mistake.
The real nomenclature is, "Pringles Spicy Guacamole."
It comes in a green can and is artificially flavored, so despite the picture of an avocado half and a two red chilis, their actual inclusion in the chips is somewhat in doubt.
Post a Comment
<< Home