Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, December 26, 2008

Post Christmas

Ma is pretty stinkin' tired. I finally took an iron pill at lunch so I expect to be able to lift small buildings quite soon.

Even so, I was able to clean up a bit in ye olde bedroome. It started out as a hunt to find the source of a dead mouse smell, but all I ended up doing was sorting through some clothes, dumping two trash bags of stuff now designated as trash, and sweeping up some dust.

Oh...and I found two power-cord-type thingies that Loren apparently recognized, so I'm sure he doesn't think it's a total loss. Especially as we now have more walking room.

The dead mouse smell, however, continues to waft from the area near the door, so I'm thinkin' something may have expired inside the wall.

I don't know why those ornery critters can't die in plain sight, like good little vermin.

In other news, Sharon is off on a little post Christmas trip to Texas, by way of Tulsa. She couldn't reach Aunt Elizabeth to confirm staying overnight, but if anyone down thataway is reading this blog, Sharon AND Kendra AND Carolyn are driving at this moment, so three people could end up on the porch, ringin' the doorbell...

Here they are, packing up the White Honda Civic Cat.

We had to shovel out that stupid driveway, a-gain, after which they got stuck trying to drive away and we shoveled and pushed some more, and they finally got off.

You might pray for their safety, as it is VERY foggy right now...
A warm spell is melting things like crazy, hence the fog. You can't even see the church from our house, which reminds me...must go and clean. After this weekend, only five more weeks left!

Unfortunately, my helper Carolyn is GONE, and my helper's assistant is slightly incapacitated, due to the premature release of two mouse traps he was setting. Yea, Ethan tells me he be scarred.

I figured he could have a little post-Christmas present.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home