Bible School 09
While lying in bed, dozing off and on around 6:30, I had the vague realization of movement in the house. I went downstairs and found Ethan and Trevor, all dressed in the clothes laid out the night before, peacefully waiting until the start of Vacation Bible School in a mere 2 1/2 hours.
In another hour, there was decided milling in the living room. Milling of three boys in large, clodhoppy tennis shoes.
There were statements such as, "I'm only going to eat a little bit for breakfast...I'm so excited! Can we pack our lunches, now?"
By the time of actual departure, a light rain had resumed, necessitating Ma driving them down and depriving them of the heady thrill of walking on their own.
This would never have happened if I'd only had the foresight to let them start on their 5-minute walk 55 minutes early.
E'en so, they did arrive at the church, via the Green Dragon Lady Lincoln.
Ut oh...looks like Nolan is trying to worm his way inside, first...
Oh, my mistake. He wants to hold the DOOR for everyone.
Nolan must have been listening to the SS lesson yesterday when Pastor went over Romans 12, verse 10, "Outdo one another in showing honor." (ESV)
Finally. A Biblical concept a 9-year-old can sink his teeth into.
The three boys are the only ones still young enough to be enrolled. Carolyn is going along this year to be an auxiliary helper, floating around to assist at crafts and the playground. She's also been given the task of helping Trevor find his room and handing over the craft supply money.
Hmmm...this will give me three and a half hours without any possibility of trouble arising.
Perhaps I'll use this time to check out a few boarding schools.
Tweet
In another hour, there was decided milling in the living room. Milling of three boys in large, clodhoppy tennis shoes.
There were statements such as, "I'm only going to eat a little bit for breakfast...I'm so excited! Can we pack our lunches, now?"
By the time of actual departure, a light rain had resumed, necessitating Ma driving them down and depriving them of the heady thrill of walking on their own.
This would never have happened if I'd only had the foresight to let them start on their 5-minute walk 55 minutes early.
E'en so, they did arrive at the church, via the Green Dragon Lady Lincoln.
Oh, my mistake. He wants to hold the DOOR for everyone.
Finally. A Biblical concept a 9-year-old can sink his teeth into.
The three boys are the only ones still young enough to be enrolled. Carolyn is going along this year to be an auxiliary helper, floating around to assist at crafts and the playground. She's also been given the task of helping Trevor find his room and handing over the craft supply money.
Hmmm...this will give me three and a half hours without any possibility of trouble arising.
Perhaps I'll use this time to check out a few boarding schools.
Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
Is there any more uplifting sound, than the decidedly clod-hoppy milling of three little boys at 7:30 AM?
No. Unless it would be the quiet solitude of sleeping in...
Post a Comment
<< Home