Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another Day...

...another twelve hours of drearisome gray.

Next week should be warmer and sunnier. Ma will have to get out the ol' lawnmower for this year's last, nostalgic limp across the yard.

In other news, Melinda underwent the PSAT torture, this morning. That's one test down for this school year, two more to go. November holds the yearly high school district tests for Carolyn and Melinda, and then, come April, ye olde ACTe.

Eleventh grade is such a special year.
_____________

The following is an explanation of Nolan's army men, according to color designation:

Nolan: "The gray guys are Israelis and the tan ones are Egyptians." (huh...I guess that makes sense....)

Nolan: "The green guys are Americans and..."

Trevor: "...the blue ones are police?"

Nolan: "Yes. From Australia."

And there we have it, the world in a nutshell.
_______________

I've learned so many great things off of Facebook, in the past two days. For instance, Haylay's little girl used up a whole jar of Vaseline, on her hair :-D

Haylay, I would think seriously about that one friend's suggestion...shaving Cambria's head. Gets rid of the problem immediately, and I bet she wouldn't ever do that again!

Also, Rebekah Kepple is going to Antarctica this winter, which begs the question:

Is it too late for me to join the Air Force?
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

I can testify that vaseline in kids' hair is the one and only sure fire way to kill lice. It suffocates them.

10/14/2009 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

I've heard that, too :-)

Unfortunately, it was a lot of goo for nothing.

10/14/2009 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home