The Cipro Challenge
What does one do when all the usual thrills have been examined?
*grow up--check (for the most part)
*go to school--check
*get married--check
*have a coupla kids--check (or so)
*take Master Gardening class--check (still feel pretty ignorant)
So I was bumming around for something different to do and I thought hmmmm, this whole weight loss/maintenance thing hasn't been going so well. I might have to get sick just to lose a few pounds. Yes, I actually thunk that thought, just the other day.
And then, for the past month, I've been having this slight "problem." It involved having to go to the little girls' room extra often, sometimes during the night. I mean, I don't even have an aging prostate, so what gives?
But in keeping with all the "natural" remedies, I did quaff quite a bit of cranberry juice, and later, extra water.
Things seemed to ameliorate for the most part, with only one or two sessions where I felt like yelling due to painful...er, ministrations.
The thought occurred to me, "Ma? You are getting old an fat. What you need is more exercise!"
Thus the beginnings of walkings with Carolyn. They only made me more tired, and I soon upped my nappage from one to two, per day. I was beginning to feel like a tremendous wimp when I felt back pain this morning. A new thought occurred to me, that of, "You idiot! Do you want to get a kidney infection? Stop kidding yourself and go get checked for a UTI."
So I did. And I have one. A right nasty one, at that. The doc came back in VERY quickly with the lab report and started naming off the things they found...well, I won't go into detail.
But I'm hoping, that between the antibiotic and the extra sleep, which comes oh, so naturally, right now, I'll be feeling chipper in no time. Probably even have energy to go outside, again...who knows?
Tweet
*grow up--check (for the most part)
*go to school--check
*get married--check
*have a coupla kids--check (or so)
*take Master Gardening class--check (still feel pretty ignorant)
So I was bumming around for something different to do and I thought hmmmm, this whole weight loss/maintenance thing hasn't been going so well. I might have to get sick just to lose a few pounds. Yes, I actually thunk that thought, just the other day.
And then, for the past month, I've been having this slight "problem." It involved having to go to the little girls' room extra often, sometimes during the night. I mean, I don't even have an aging prostate, so what gives?
But in keeping with all the "natural" remedies, I did quaff quite a bit of cranberry juice, and later, extra water.
Things seemed to ameliorate for the most part, with only one or two sessions where I felt like yelling due to painful...er, ministrations.
The thought occurred to me, "Ma? You are getting old an fat. What you need is more exercise!"
Thus the beginnings of walkings with Carolyn. They only made me more tired, and I soon upped my nappage from one to two, per day. I was beginning to feel like a tremendous wimp when I felt back pain this morning. A new thought occurred to me, that of, "You idiot! Do you want to get a kidney infection? Stop kidding yourself and go get checked for a UTI."
So I did. And I have one. A right nasty one, at that. The doc came back in VERY quickly with the lab report and started naming off the things they found...well, I won't go into detail.
But I'm hoping, that between the antibiotic and the extra sleep, which comes oh, so naturally, right now, I'll be feeling chipper in no time. Probably even have energy to go outside, again...who knows?
Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
Oh dear :(
I hope you start feeling better soon.
Mommy, you're not allowed to fall ill! Everyone else is, but not you!
Please get better soon.
Awww...thanks, you guys :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home