Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Presents are in the Can!

Or rather, the cardboard box in the closet.

Wrapping Christmas presents doesn't take all that long when you only give one per child, ha, ha.

How well I remember the days right after Loren's transplant...he was still in the hospital and I was frantically getting prepared to move up there for 3 months. One night, after the kids went to bed, I spend three hours wrapping all the Christmas, as well as birthday presents for Carolyn, Melinda, Ethan and Jason. I don't know that it involved large quantities of gifts, so much as trying to concentrate on what I was doing with a gazillion details running through my brain. That's when I started taking Benadryl to sleep at night...but I'm off it now, baby! My only drug of choice is chocolate and, well...just food in general.

I was scrambling for a few minutes this afternoon, though. I KNEW I had a certain something stashed back in the closet for someone's birthday....and I could not find it.

Until I got to my very last shipping box. THAT was close.

In other news, Sharon called and said she'll be driving out tomorrow instead of this afternoon and evening. She was tired and needed the rest. And since the weather could be quite a mixture tomorrow, we would appreciate your prayers for her safe travel.

Don't know if Ardith and Justin will make it up by the 24th, but changing the weather is never as easy as switching brands of chocolate.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home