Sometimes it just takes one thing
Despite the impending doom of testing, and sickness and migraines and night-time coughing, a few good things are happening.
And now I'm reminded what I forget to report...
Desperate to utilize every resource at this late disposal, I tried to think of a way to improve Nolan's potential test scores.
Even though he had no trouble learning to read, and was more adept at sounding out words than at least one older sibling, he still stumbles around, loses his place and rereads phrases.
Then I noticed how scratched up his glasses were, and that he shifts his head around while reading, as if trying to find a clear place in the lenses to look through. I knew his lenses were a bit scratched, but the marks seem to have given birth to a multitude of new scratches....thank you, plastic lenses!
Since our regular visit to the eye doctor doesn't occur until April, I hoped he might be eligible for replacement lenses of his old prescription...and he was.
But the frames are no longer available, and the lab used by our insurance company has....*cough*...a lackluster record in fitting news lenses to old frames.
HOWEVER, Nolan qualifies for new frames as well, and since he's grown quite a bit, hardly fits into his old frames, anyway.
SO, Ma had the bright idea to get clear glasses for him before testing!
Then testing was moved up a week.
Miracles still occur, however, and Davis Vision managed to get the glasses finished in 11 days. We pick them up tomorrow, the day before testing starts!
I'm so happy! Something is finally going right!
The migraine is still here. The two youngest are still hating their testing practice. Nolan continues coughing at night, though not as much. Ethan and Melinda don't feel that great. And food calls to me at every available opportunity.
BUT AT LEAST THE GLASSES ARE DONE.
Tweet
And now I'm reminded what I forget to report...
Desperate to utilize every resource at this late disposal, I tried to think of a way to improve Nolan's potential test scores.
Even though he had no trouble learning to read, and was more adept at sounding out words than at least one older sibling, he still stumbles around, loses his place and rereads phrases.
Then I noticed how scratched up his glasses were, and that he shifts his head around while reading, as if trying to find a clear place in the lenses to look through. I knew his lenses were a bit scratched, but the marks seem to have given birth to a multitude of new scratches....thank you, plastic lenses!
Since our regular visit to the eye doctor doesn't occur until April, I hoped he might be eligible for replacement lenses of his old prescription...and he was.
But the frames are no longer available, and the lab used by our insurance company has....*cough*...a lackluster record in fitting news lenses to old frames.
HOWEVER, Nolan qualifies for new frames as well, and since he's grown quite a bit, hardly fits into his old frames, anyway.
SO, Ma had the bright idea to get clear glasses for him before testing!
Then testing was moved up a week.
Miracles still occur, however, and Davis Vision managed to get the glasses finished in 11 days. We pick them up tomorrow, the day before testing starts!
I'm so happy! Something is finally going right!
The migraine is still here. The two youngest are still hating their testing practice. Nolan continues coughing at night, though not as much. Ethan and Melinda don't feel that great. And food calls to me at every available opportunity.
BUT AT LEAST THE GLASSES ARE DONE.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home