The Clothes Hoarder
I shortened up the school day but I have very good reasons.
1) Loren had his six-month check-up at Mayo today and I had to pack a little food around 5:30. Then I tried to go back to sleep...ugh.
2) After a rather tardy wake up--even Trevor commented on my lateness--I decided to go through some of the clothes that have accumulated in piles in our bedroom. The piles resulted from:
---a) too little closet space when switching bedrooms
---b) buying clothes at Goodwill for dirt cheap prices and then not having room to hang them up
---c) forgetting what I had since they were not hung up (see "a" and "b") and thus buying a "few" unnecessary items
---d) too little drawer space
This is the second stage of moving all my clothes into the guest room so that Loren and I can actually see what's a hangin' in the closets.
We are now officially free from the horror of creases that occur when two peoples' duds are smooshed together on one, puny rod.
Most everything is organized, and I packed up 5 trash bags for Goodwill. I knew I had some extra clothes, but MAN! (to be honest, the bags aren't more than half full...)
Also went through my closet AND emptied two drawers, extracting stuff I'll never get back into without a combination of major surgery, liposuction, and The Jaws of Life.
In a related move, I took a step of faith and gave away my fat pants. Then I tried on all my remaining jeans and jean skirts, giving much away and leaving a couple of short stacks:
1) possibles...can wear when I lose 5-7 more pounds
2) maybes...might possibly wearif when I lose 12-15 more pounds
And unexpectedly, I came across a pair of new jeans that I can wear now.
Do you believe in miracles?
Anyway, I feel better about the clothes situation. Now there's more room for books!
__________
As earlier stated, Loren had his six-month check up today in Mayo-land. Things look fine. Hardly anyone was there (Good Friday) and they didn't even check his cholesterol.
Guess I went with a low-fat meal last night for nuthin'.
But of course it's always good to pretend you're being good.
__________
I am almost finished with the Tolkien biography that I found Wednesday in the white van. GREAT STUFF. Very interesting to see how LOTR all came together over a 12-year period.
Tolkien was some genius with languages, that is certain.
Working on my own plan to have a lasting impact on the world.
Can't give too much away just yet, but it does involve Goodwill...
Tweet
1) Loren had his six-month check-up at Mayo today and I had to pack a little food around 5:30. Then I tried to go back to sleep...ugh.
2) After a rather tardy wake up--even Trevor commented on my lateness--I decided to go through some of the clothes that have accumulated in piles in our bedroom. The piles resulted from:
---a) too little closet space when switching bedrooms
---b) buying clothes at Goodwill for dirt cheap prices and then not having room to hang them up
---c) forgetting what I had since they were not hung up (see "a" and "b") and thus buying a "few" unnecessary items
---d) too little drawer space
This is the second stage of moving all my clothes into the guest room so that Loren and I can actually see what's a hangin' in the closets.
We are now officially free from the horror of creases that occur when two peoples' duds are smooshed together on one, puny rod.
Most everything is organized, and I packed up 5 trash bags for Goodwill. I knew I had some extra clothes, but MAN! (to be honest, the bags aren't more than half full...)
Also went through my closet AND emptied two drawers, extracting stuff I'll never get back into without a combination of major surgery, liposuction, and The Jaws of Life.
In a related move, I took a step of faith and gave away my fat pants. Then I tried on all my remaining jeans and jean skirts, giving much away and leaving a couple of short stacks:
1) possibles...can wear when I lose 5-7 more pounds
2) maybes...might possibly wear
And unexpectedly, I came across a pair of new jeans that I can wear now.
Do you believe in miracles?
Anyway, I feel better about the clothes situation. Now there's more room for books!
__________
As earlier stated, Loren had his six-month check up today in Mayo-land. Things look fine. Hardly anyone was there (Good Friday) and they didn't even check his cholesterol.
Guess I went with a low-fat meal last night for nuthin'.
But of course it's always good to pretend you're being good.
__________
I am almost finished with the Tolkien biography that I found Wednesday in the white van. GREAT STUFF. Very interesting to see how LOTR all came together over a 12-year period.
Tolkien was some genius with languages, that is certain.
Working on my own plan to have a lasting impact on the world.
Can't give too much away just yet, but it does involve Goodwill...
Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
What is the title and author of that biography?
Is that the book that has been overdue for months?
-Derek Hoyt
And did you really mean to say that? "Can't GIVE too much AWAY just yet, but it does involve GOODWILL.."
Derek, it's the Authorized Biography by Humphrey Carpenter, and yep, it's THE ONE that has be missing, lo these many months.
Sharon, that phraseology was totally unintended, which I'm pretty sure is a sign of genius.
Post a Comment
<< Home