Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, September 24, 2010

Yogurt and Pudding and Soup, Oh MY!

Trevor survived the great tooth pulling, today. He's been a real trooper, as a matter of fact.

He was quite excited in the morning. So much so, that when I came over to awaken the sleeping lad, he crawled out of bed, fully dressed.

He'd gotten up earlier and donned the prepared outfit, then climbed back into bed to await my groggy self.

However, after the procedure, he was rather subdued, despite having been given the nitrous oxide.

Really, REALLY quiet, as in, maybe it wasn't such a fun deal, after all. For both of us. I was starting to get worried in the waiting room by the time an hour had elapsed, but had forgotten they were doing 3 sealants as well as the extraction.

As a bonus, the dental assistant said he'd been the perfect patient.

He never complained or whined or cried, but did mention later this afternoon that he hoped he didn't have to get any more teeth pulled.

And really, judging from the x-ray, they could have pulled out a couple more. There were literally 3 teeth jammed up above the tooth-line, with no place to emerge...but I guess I'll let the dentist worry about that. It's the curse of the small, Hoyt mouth.

We stopped at the grocery and stocked up on pudding cups, yogurt and juice. Then came home and had tomato soup for lunch. There is some reward for mouth pain, and Trevor's had at least 3 pudding cups, so far. I gave Nolan one too, since I could sense he would soon be experiencing phantom pain on behalf of his brother.

Then I picked out a meal for supper that Trevor despises, figuring he won't be eating much, anyway.

Too full from pudding, for one thing, ha ha.

Unfortunately, cabbage-n-sausage is also one of Ethan's (many) food miseries, but he'll have to console himself by watching Jurassic Park II with Carolyn and I, tonight.

Makes going to the dentist look tame.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home