New Regimen!
Ma is into Day Two of her new exercise plan. It involves six 10-minute spurts on the treadmill, at 4.0 mph, spaced throughout the day. That adds up to 4 miles total, and since it doesn't come all at one time, it's much easier to deal with. Both from the standpoint of stamina and of time.
Of course there are a few disadvantages. With no gradual warm-up it's a little hard on the stumps...er, legs. Also, my feet hurt. Every time I stand up (started back in 2009). I think the latter stems more from being overweight than anything else.
But so far I'm still able to walk, and I look on that as a good thing.
Those Xenadrine pills didn't seem to be doing much, after that fantastic burst of energy on the first day. I stopped taking them but may start up again now that I've really kicked up the activity.
Anyway, that's all boring stuff, I know, but once in a while I feel the need to relay the fact that I'm trying.
_______________
On the Christmas letter front, a bit of progress has been made. The cards have been picked up from Wal*Mart, for one thing.
I grumbled about this on Facebook, but it's high time I spread my displeasure to the blog....Loren happened to be in Iowa Falls two days ago, so I asked him to stop at Wal*Mart and get the pictures. When he got there he called to say they couldn't find them.
I had visions of the cards being inadvertently sent to the Warsaw, IN store, where I had a few extra made for Sharon, last year. But I carefully checked my order and notification data, and called the Iowa Falls Wal*Mart.
Surprise, surprise....they were there.
Loren wasn't, however, but he recovered them for me today, so all is good. Except for my never trusting those checkers again, obviously.
As for writing the actual letter, I was really having problems getting motivated. But then I decided to inject some sarcasm.
I was immediately inspired :-D
Tweet
Of course there are a few disadvantages. With no gradual warm-up it's a little hard on the stumps...er, legs. Also, my feet hurt. Every time I stand up (started back in 2009). I think the latter stems more from being overweight than anything else.
But so far I'm still able to walk, and I look on that as a good thing.
Those Xenadrine pills didn't seem to be doing much, after that fantastic burst of energy on the first day. I stopped taking them but may start up again now that I've really kicked up the activity.
Anyway, that's all boring stuff, I know, but once in a while I feel the need to relay the fact that I'm trying.
_______________
On the Christmas letter front, a bit of progress has been made. The cards have been picked up from Wal*Mart, for one thing.
I grumbled about this on Facebook, but it's high time I spread my displeasure to the blog....Loren happened to be in Iowa Falls two days ago, so I asked him to stop at Wal*Mart and get the pictures. When he got there he called to say they couldn't find them.
I had visions of the cards being inadvertently sent to the Warsaw, IN store, where I had a few extra made for Sharon, last year. But I carefully checked my order and notification data, and called the Iowa Falls Wal*Mart.
Surprise, surprise....they were there.
Loren wasn't, however, but he recovered them for me today, so all is good. Except for my never trusting those checkers again, obviously.
As for writing the actual letter, I was really having problems getting motivated. But then I decided to inject some sarcasm.
I was immediately inspired :-D
Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
I read a few years back that you really start burning fat calories after you've been exercising steadily for 30 minutes - dunno how much of that is true or not, but doesn't sound all that appealing, either. :)
My reasoning was that if I was anticipating a 10-minute walk or a 30 minute walk, I would be much more likely to do the 10-minute walk. Don't know if I can keep up the six times every day, but it's gone well for the first two days.
I am also hoping that, sorta like eating six small meals a day--exercising that often over the day will keep the metabolism raised a bit, I don't know...
Also, there is less chance for "certain people" to get in trouble if I'm not gone for long periods of time :-D I can even run down there after I've given them a school assignment, knowing I'll be back before they're done.
Post a Comment
<< Home