News de Mayo
Loren arrived home around noonish and everything looks good!
All the tests checked him as well or better than last year, the one exception being an elevated cholesterol.
However, the doctors do not seem too worried about that. Naturally, they would like to have him start back on the statin, but that medication compromised him in several ways...he has a lot more energy and less muscle pain without it. So as long as they know that HE knows, they aren't going to insist on him taking it.
Increasing the fish oil will probably have good effects...he had decreased it.
So that's done for another year :-)
Several large packages arrived while Loren was gone so that's another reason it's good to have him home, since we were going to have to move a coupla the kids out to the garage.
(incidentally Jason, on an unrelated note, your tires and wheels are here)
_________________
I don't know what it is, but I haven't gotten "into" writing the Christmas letter, yet. I have as my goal that it should be finished and sent out before we go see A Christmas Carol on the 19th. Not including weekends, that gives me about 3 days to get inspired, 7 to write and make edits, 2 to consult lawyers regarding libel suits from the kids, and one or two to address, stuff, and mail, and 1 or 2 to collapse somewhere with a bag of chocolate nearby.
_________________
Another weird thing...I mowed the last part of the lawn, today. It was just over 30 minutes, so I'm pretty sure that counts! Never have stretched this chore into December before. I could have gone around the back side of the house, but I was running low on gas, it was getting dark, and I don't know...there's just something about mowing with gloves, and ear-band, and 3 sweatshirts that seems...wrong.
It's going to snow tomorrow night so I don't suppose people will notice :-D
I do wish I could just hibernate but then, who would be available for those important duties such as ignoring the cobwebs, not cleaning under the couches and putting off Christmas decorations?
Even in sloth I am needed.
Tweet
All the tests checked him as well or better than last year, the one exception being an elevated cholesterol.
However, the doctors do not seem too worried about that. Naturally, they would like to have him start back on the statin, but that medication compromised him in several ways...he has a lot more energy and less muscle pain without it. So as long as they know that HE knows, they aren't going to insist on him taking it.
Increasing the fish oil will probably have good effects...he had decreased it.
So that's done for another year :-)
Several large packages arrived while Loren was gone so that's another reason it's good to have him home, since we were going to have to move a coupla the kids out to the garage.
(incidentally Jason, on an unrelated note, your tires and wheels are here)
_________________
I don't know what it is, but I haven't gotten "into" writing the Christmas letter, yet. I have as my goal that it should be finished and sent out before we go see A Christmas Carol on the 19th. Not including weekends, that gives me about 3 days to get inspired, 7 to write and make edits, 2 to consult lawyers regarding libel suits from the kids, and one or two to address, stuff, and mail, and 1 or 2 to collapse somewhere with a bag of chocolate nearby.
_________________
Another weird thing...I mowed the last part of the lawn, today. It was just over 30 minutes, so I'm pretty sure that counts! Never have stretched this chore into December before. I could have gone around the back side of the house, but I was running low on gas, it was getting dark, and I don't know...there's just something about mowing with gloves, and ear-band, and 3 sweatshirts that seems...wrong.
It's going to snow tomorrow night so I don't suppose people will notice :-D
I do wish I could just hibernate but then, who would be available for those important duties such as ignoring the cobwebs, not cleaning under the couches and putting off Christmas decorations?
Even in sloth I am needed.
Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
I'm home in about 15 days :D
Kendra
Oh good...my expert cleaner!
Post a Comment
<< Home