Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hurray fer Michael Bublé !

Just a splendid CD, this: Let it Snow! by Mr. Bublé.

And it was only 7 bucks at Wal*Mart! A scant six songs, true, and that means....mmmm...uh...well, each song costs just over a dollar :-D

I think this is the first time I've ever heard, My Grown-Up Christmas List. I was impressed. It's the kind of wishful, syrupy song that would drive a lot of people nuts. But then, I don't make fun of people who cry at mushy movies, so I'll stand up for my idealistic Christmasy lyrics.

And I have to say, Michael Bublé has the style down to perfection.

Not so impressed with my Harry Connick Jr. CD. Song selection wasn't as great, but I guess you can't have everything.
________________

The weather doesn't look so great, either. The northern part of Iowa could get iffy-n-icy tomorrow, just when Sharon and Kendra will be driving out from Indiana.

We'd appreciate your prayers on their behalf!

And in the Hoytstead yardstead, I managed to get all my strawberries covered up, right abouts dark.

Had around 7 trash bags of pine needles, raked and stored in the breezeway these past weeks. The kids and I confiscated them from a local park where I take care of a memorial garden. Figured it was more than enough. So much so, that I even burned a bag with the trash this afternoon, to make the fire nice and hot.

THAT was a mistake. I could have used that extra bag, as it soon became apparent I was lacking in the pine needle department. Ma had to hoof it over to the other side of the yard and rake the leavings of our own trees.

And now my elbow hates me.

But the berries should be all set for the coming winter.

Now, to get through the coming storm...
 

3 Comments:

Blogger tank said...

I think Amy Grant did it best.

11/24/2010 06:34:00 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Am I supposed to cover my strawberries that now have snow on them???

11/24/2010 08:14:00 AM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

I'll listen, Tank, but she's going to need to be awfully good to beat Michael B.

Rebekah....*sigh*....

:-D

The snow will provide some insulation, particularly if it stays on ALL winter. But strawberry roots are shallow, so...you'll just have to wait and see.

I was actually surprised to find our ground is basically frozen. Too bad I didn't get my Muscari bulbs planted :-(

11/24/2010 12:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home