Good times
Nothing quite compares to the thrill of being on the phone with one's medical insurance company.
Unless it would be getting a root canal.
But thankfully, today's small hassle is nothing compared to the five fruitless hours I spent talking to unhelpful insurance people a decade ago. I don't even remember what kid it was, but apparently we'd had the audacity to have an inexpensive home birth rather than go to the hospital and run up a LOT of charges, like the good sensible people we should have been.
And I'm not making a point about whether people should have homebirths. I'm simply remembering the supreme runaround that ended with the disappointing verdict that they were not covering this homebirth, due to using an "out of network provider," (midwife) despite the fact that they had happily covered this very same midwife after the previous homebirth.
It would seem that refusing any coverage is even cheaper than accepting a low-cost homebirth.
But that's all behind me now, and I bear no ill will. Well, perhaps a faint residue ofscorn pity for people who don't follow the facts back to the start point and try to make ignoramuses like me come up with information they are not entitled to.
____________
On a more positive note, we hit two libraries, start to finish, in 3.5 hours, today! That has to be a new record (except for that time when the library was closed).
New books, another "undate" tomorrow, and less than half the school week left :-)
I can live with that.
Tweet
Unless it would be getting a root canal.
But thankfully, today's small hassle is nothing compared to the five fruitless hours I spent talking to unhelpful insurance people a decade ago. I don't even remember what kid it was, but apparently we'd had the audacity to have an inexpensive home birth rather than go to the hospital and run up a LOT of charges, like the good sensible people we should have been.
And I'm not making a point about whether people should have homebirths. I'm simply remembering the supreme runaround that ended with the disappointing verdict that they were not covering this homebirth, due to using an "out of network provider," (midwife) despite the fact that they had happily covered this very same midwife after the previous homebirth.
It would seem that refusing any coverage is even cheaper than accepting a low-cost homebirth.
But that's all behind me now, and I bear no ill will. Well, perhaps a faint residue of
____________
On a more positive note, we hit two libraries, start to finish, in 3.5 hours, today! That has to be a new record (except for that time when the library was closed).
New books, another "undate" tomorrow, and less than half the school week left :-)
I can live with that.
Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
It's like our recent bout:
"What, you got sick out of the state of Iowa? and you went to a cheap urgent care clinic? We don't cover them in our network, I guess you should have gone to the ER for your little sinus infection."
Post a Comment
<< Home