Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Monday, May 09, 2011

Big, BIG Doin's Up at the Hoytstead

Ma: "Something's coming down the road...looks big..."

Ethan: "It's Mr. Frey...he's going to plow...quick everybody, outside!"

*run, run, run*

*stomp, stomp, stomp*

Ma: "Yes, by all means...let's just drop everything..."

It's hard to concentrate on math when something so much more important is occurring.
Run boys...run like the wind!

Oh, the coolness of it all...


But wait...Mr. Frey has offered a ride???

....*shriek*...

He could only take two at a time,

So Ethan volunteered to wait and go by himself :-)


"Goodbye Mr. Frey...thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!"


I had to go shopping, and when the the two youngest asked if they could go along, Ethan reminded them, "Mr. Frey said he might come back and plant, and you don't want to miss it, do you?"

(YES, kid-free shopping!)

When I returned, he had indeed come back with his new seed drill...


I couldn't take a lot of pictures, since I was slated for a five mile walk on the treadmill, but when I was done, so was Mr. Frey.

The boys gave him a solemn and respective send-off.


Plowing and planting, all in the same day.

For boys, it doesn't get much better than this.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home